So what did you do with your truck today?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's similar to heavy duty bug screen. Not certain about material however I'll guess it's simply galvanized steel. No frame, simply used existing window frame fasteners with larger washer. I can take pic tonight........

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after 2 years of cold starting and saying "think I need a new glow plug relay..." I diagnosed and replaced it last night. Derp!

This truck sits on and off and maybe gets 100 miles a year. But that varies so much.

I'll not miss the difficulty cold starting!

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Damian103073

Reaction score
Well, it was not today. I recently replaced all my pulleys, tensioner, vacuum pump, and alternator since my vacuum pump pulley gave out. Belt did number on the transmission lines.
You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. Lots of hours of head scratching, cussing, and other assorted thinking aids on mine as well. I will look into the gun. I flat wore out the HF one. I’m starting to thing that’s what’s going on with this one. I have put a ton of hours on mine between my buddy’s Porsche and my truck. Basically anything that would fit in the cabinet got blasted on both.

The drywall bags are a life saver on the shop vac. Not cheap but I won’t run mine on anything (except water) without it. It’s got to be 15 years old at this point. I sanded my floors in my house with it starched to the sander and got almost zero dust. Run it on my sander when doing body work. Almost no dust. Don’t even need a mask.

How fine of a mesh? And made of what? Did you make a frame and stretch it or is it stiff?

I’ll look into that gun.

Sorry for the hijack. I swear it’s very closely related to my truck.

LOL
Screen is galvanized steel, approximately 1/10" mesh X .04" thickness.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually took her out for a drive and picked up some trim. 12’ boards run through the back window. I missed having a real truck I’d just forgotten how much I missed it.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look into Trinco blaster parts, they are the industrial version, good guns and nozzles, two kinds of gloves, lined and unlined, i get rolls of there acetate film for the window, thats always a pita, just replaced my safety glass on mine 30 $, to help with water, put in a drip leg with drain in it, my filter has a drain also, have to drain every 10 min of blasting,drain AC frequently, key is to cool air down before it gets to blaster, farther away from AC,or run line straight up then back down to cabinet, with drip leg at each end and drain, be surprised how much water you get, my shop is set up with copper water pipe, bought back when copper wasn't stupid priced !

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started out fiddling around with the transfer case as it has been jammed up. I removed the linkage and was able to shift it into 4H. Good. I cleaned up the pivot bolt greased it and put it back together. Hopefully next time I get it out of the driveway it will work.

Next I did this.

Now I should have reliable windshield wipers.

Then I got rid of some Autolite junk...

All zD9s now. All came out pretty easily thank goodness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch those TCs our SD, NP 271 linkage jammed up, lever slid off pivot, caused range fork to self destruct. Gear would go where ever it wanted, sometimes N sometimes H, acted like trans problem,slipping and sliding literally.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to take some pics, but today I hauled some stuff to my dad's... and hauled back my tan '88!
Now after a full year and 3-ish months, I'm ready to tear the motor apart and find out exactly why it threw a rod... then put another motor in it and make it run again!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More blast cabinet work... These are "jen-u-wine Texas wespaul valve covers"! Blasted and powder coated RAL2005

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online