So What Did You Do With Your PSD Today?

Discussion in '7.3L Powerstroke Diesels' started by Waystro, Jun 27, 2015.

1. bbjordan

bbjordan Snow Monkey

Yanked a Dana 60 from a 1996 F-350 at PnP among other things. Complete with track bar bracket. :)

IMG_0924.JPG

Tough one man job. :p

2. compressionignitionrules

compressionignitionrules Full Access Member

no
    now you have to get it mounted in that red truck and find a dually rear! once your back feels a little better:cheers:

bbjordan likes this.
  3. 79jasper

79jasper Chickenhawk

More importantly that the tracbar bracket, you got the DS ubolt plate. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bbjordan likes this.
  4. bbjordan

bbjordan Snow Monkey

Took the 2000 T444E out to the farm for little brother, and returned with an 4R100 & transfer case from a 2001 F-350 SuperDuty.

IMG_0934.JPG

I was going to take more pictures but my new camera was dead. So I went to my cell phone. It too was dead. Which was odd because when I got to the farm it was fully charged and I powered it off. This phone makes me want to do this: (end of scene)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  5. compressionignitionrules

On Friday hauled a 93 bronco tub , well the bronco specific part of the tub anyway. lightest trailer load I think I've ever done. maybe 600lbs. went around the scales on the 401 as my safeties expired years ago!:angel:.

Sunday took all 3 kids and the Mrs to the beach on lake huron. nicest weekend we had all summer. :Thumbs Up

love these late summer days, we can thank all the hurricane activity for it. keeps the high pressure and warm temps stationary here:rock:

6. 79jasper

79jasper Chickenhawk

Last might when to move my truck to take the suburban to go to the store. Well, snapped my parking brake cable where it goes into the pedal. Lol

7. 79jasper

79jasper Chickenhawk

The orielly brake cable was a okay fit. Down underneath where the two cables hook together, the "barrel" was the wrong style, but it worked.

8. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Member Supporting Member

Not a 7.3 but it’s a psd... here’s how my morning has been 28F30610-16C6-4EC4-8EF3-3783CBECE42B.jpeg

9. DaveBen

DaveBen Supporting Member Supporting Member

Looks like it was caught in one of our wildfires in Napa, Sonoma, Solano and Mendocino counties. California is burning.

10. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah I’ve got family up there, prayers go out to everyone up there. This truck is in Texas however, hpop came apart

11. compressionignitionrules

had to fix a fuel leak, started smelling diesel on the way to dad's farm at about 7:30 am got there at 8:30 am . smelled a lot worse when we stop at a light. was expecting a leaky waterin fuel drain problem leak but it was actually the return line from back of R bank to filter housing. wore through at the bracket . didn't have right tools or parts so I did a temp repair . 1/4 " high pressure rubber fuel line and double clamped . was a rotten bastard to fix without the right tools but got it done. cut out a 8" section that was rusty and put in a 12" piece of hose just for fun. I was worried about the rubber grommets on the end of the lien but they seem to be ok. used a plastic tiewrap to hold the rubber line close to the bracket that caused the damage so the lien is almost in the same position. parts = $10.01 including taxes at Elmira Auto Supply. actually went to highschool with the present owners.

I might just make it a permanent repair........ 537,000km on it by the time I empty this tank.

probably could have done this repair at work in 2-3 hrs . at the farm with wrong tools I had close to 6 hrs into it. damn I was going to be working on trailer repairs today. D'OH

12. 79jasper

79jasper Chickenhawk

I think that's actually the feed lines. Lol

13. compressionignitionrules

so what kind of pressure will it reach? it was running fine while it had the leak..................didn't run any different after leak was fixed.

14. 79jasper

79jasper Chickenhawk

Could be up to around 70-80 psi.
    For the steel limes, you almost have to lift the turbo to replace them. At least that's the easier way.

15. compressionignitionrules

this was in a van, I pulled the intake plumming and crossover pipe, then removed the dipstick tube and R corner engien lift hook to access the line. no fun in a van, the job sucks unless you are a minature human. I'm 6'3" and 270lbs, and my kids bug me all the tiem about my big hands. :kick:

79jasper likes this.