So What Did You Do With Your PSD Today?

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I filled the tank at 529,189 km on thurs, (23.2mpg this tank) wife took the sheep to the Listowel fair in the back of it on Friday 3 firsts in 4H judging for my daughter, then a third for my wife and a third for my daughter in the open shows. today whole family of 5 plus 1 dog took it to mom and dad's farm for a visit, I changed both the headlites out from a 200,000 km E350 club 2001 I've been parting , and replaced the rear side door with the only good door on the 2001. I'm going to clean up the front seats out of it and if the mousy smell is gone they will get swapped too. very nice and has 6way power drivers. in August I've had it 6 yrs and was planning on retiring it in the fall when she auctions the 2 sheep at Brussels after the final show. but the Mrs asked me if I could do some body work to the back end to keep the dust out.................... man its looking rough and becoming multi coloured but sure runs well. hey it has 2 rust free doors on it now, one is blue/silver and other is white, but the rest is dark red or rust.:Q

oh yeah, couple weeks ago wife was hauling some straw home with it and called me just before I went out the door heading to work. a wheel was locking up on her and she didn't want to drive it anymore. she was about 30 miles away so I called into work and told them I'd be late and I went to see if I could do anything or just call a towtruck....... Left rear wheel parking brake had come apart and was making some evil crashing and banging so I just went slow, kept it to about 60km/h about 35mph. made it home but got off the main highway and took secondary and gravel roads home. next day I just took the thing apart and pulled all the pieces out, and put the brakes back together. its still making soem noise between the backing plate and the rotor but no problems. I hadn't used the parking brake in 5 yrs so no point in fixing it now:cheers:

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Picked up a 2000 DT444E with an Allison 545 Auto trans. $200. CDN about $1.38 US. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the international trucks have a rediculously low rating on that engine, like 195hp or soemthing. I've driven a few of those old trucks with manual trans, with a 5spd manual it was pretty slow but with a 7spd spicer the truck moved decent enough.
allison automatic..................:fart

those look like the straps on sale this week at TSC:Thumbs Up

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
the international trucks have a rediculously low rating on that engine, like 195hp or soemthing. I've driven a few of those old trucks with manual trans, with a 5spd manual it was pretty slow but with a 7spd spicer the truck moved decent enough.
allison automatic..................:fart

those look like the straps on sale this week at TSC:Thumbs Up

I missed the pic with the rating: 190 HP. I'm pretty sure I can get more than that out of it. The Project Parts truck is pushing more than 400 HP now I'll bet!

Ya, I picked the straps up on sale a couple of weeks ago at Princess Auto. First use. lol
I though I got the ones with the double J hooks, but no. They worked ok tho.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
So what's the plan for it?
I know power hungry performance can do some tunes for it.
Running a normal pickup pcm would open up the options though.
They do have bigger injectors than the pickup version. Actually the t444e injectors are what people used to use to make hybrids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
The immediate plan is to get it off the truck. LOL

No real plans for it just yet. At $200. it was just to good to pass up. It's always nice to have spare parts. :)
I'm really digging the heavy duty stuff on the engine...like the coolant filter right on the water pump. :thumbsup:

I'd like to rig the ECM so I can use it to test fire the engine out of the vehicle too.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, those water pumps are a common swap part for the pickups. Has to be modified slightly. I think bolts and grinding some webbing.
Diesel site (iirc) sells a kit with everything done.
That would make a good test stand harness.

I'm not sure if those have the same turbo or not.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I came to the decision I need a deck for my truck.

So I turned this..

Into this..

Now I just get to deal with the fun of removing the old box and a few last items and it will be on the truck!

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That bed looks ten times better.
I think eventually I'm gonna build a welding bed.
Might go crazy and do aluminum. Lol

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I can't weld aluminum yet, just getting decent with old rusted steel but maybe one day!

Here it is on the truck! More yet to be added (tool boxes etc..)

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's not bad. Takes a little getting used to. Lol
I still don't even have boxes on mine, so I mounted a job box. Lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Should've gotten a pic, but it was dark.
Hauled a jacked up old chevy for a buddy, hauled back a 99 Cummins.
A little over an hour away.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
filled it up again, 23.1 mpg . just waiting for the police or MTO to pull me off the road now. most reliable inexpensive wheels I've ever owned. had it over 6 years now so its the longest I've ever had anything in my name on the road. 532,000 plus km , not pulling the trailer anymore because its a MTO magnet.:idiot:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88