So What Did You Do With Your PSD Today?

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck and I got to have a ride on a tow truck. Water pump packed it in, but engine didn't overheat (caught it in time I hope). Gives me an excuse to replace the other cooling system related parts I have been stockpiling for a while now.

You must be registered for see images attach

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did a cheap /cheap front brake job $32 brake pads and a clean and lube sliders , knock the rust ridge off the rotors and reassemble 2 weeks ago. and installed a pair of 95% rubber steer tires that came with a 96 F250 crewcab. just in time, Rside yoko was just startign to shake> belt shifting!

tonite I passed a compact car rolling at about 25 mph on a slightly snow covered road at 1am. I hit resume and was back up to 55mph . first snow we've had and everybody is freaked out . a great wake up call that winter can jump in at any time. took me 71 minutes to get hoem instead of the regular 59 minutes...................

if I'm going to run it all winter I better swap out a few more doors and seal up the quarters/rockers with soem Urethane foam. will roll over 539,000 this tank.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally cut out the homemade goosneck some previous owner made and installed the curt one. I wasn’t about to tow my new trailer with the 3/4 plate someone welded to the top of the frame

los182

Reaction score
Got to here, still little things to do.

Are those the original seats?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauled a big load out to Arizona. Was much heavier than anticipated

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’d it do?

It did good. Could hold 55 no problem. I don’t like such a heavy load with 35’s it really squirrels around on the sidewalls, can’t wait for them to wear out and take this lift off. Going up to Chiraco summit it’s a very steep probably 10 mile climb and on the last portion I was flat out in 2nd all in at 25mph. I haven’t put the pyrometer in yet so I don’t touch the tuner when I’m loaded down so it was in stock tune. Pretty much from ca to Az I had the pedal to the floor though to keep it at a safe speed

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4 pallets were 5k lbs. my trailer is 8200 empty and whatever that Truck weighed. The shipper said 7500 and in person he admitted it was just a guess as there is no way it’s remotely that light. If anyone could guess for me it was a 76 c700, 22.5’s and 25 feet long. 2 speed rear full air brakes

Last edited:

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The latest. Love towing with the six speed 7.3.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in Ontario we are not allowed to haul 5th wheel trailer w/o dual wheels anymore (RVs exempt). thats a big honkin 5th wheel trailer on 35s . looks pretty scary to me, would be interesting if you ever had to make an emergency manuvre at road speed. if you ever blew a drive tire you would be off the road so fast ......................

like the old C series on the back, did it have an engine in it?

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the tires are of the right load range or higher and are inflated to max psi and brakes are fine, looks pretty good to me.

Sure a dually would be best, obviously. But it would also draw a lot more attention from the diesel bears and invite them to ticket him on an endless list of regulations meant for big motor carriers.

Keep it low key ;)

Edit: by max psi I mean max pressure for the weight it will be carrying not the max the sidewall will take

Last edited:

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in Ontario as soon as you reach a GVW over 4500kg/10,000 lb with/without trailer(combined GVW) you are commercial . so as soon as you put a trailer behind a fullsize pickup/van you are over. same regulations as any big tractor trailer, same scale visits required etc. annual safeties even. seems a bit harsh but it keep people from doing what that truck is doing> living on the edge! even farm plated stuff. in rural areas there are some overlooking by the provincial police, but MTO not so much.

I'm a truck mechanic and have seen some really scary stuff into the shop for annual inspections. in the last few years MTO has made it mandatory for us to take measurements of all brake parts so that has increased the cost of inspections, but I have been surpized a few times by whats hiding in a brake asssembly that looks good at a quick glance through an inspection hole.

sorry I think this is called hyjacking a thread, appologies.

cheers and play safe.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the tires are of the right load range or higher and are inflated to max psi and brakes are fine, looks pretty good to me.

Sure a dually would be best, obviously. But it would also draw a lot more attention from the diesel bears and invite them to ticket him on an endless list of regulations meant for big motor carriers.

Keep it low key ;)

Edit: by max psi I mean max pressure for the weight it will be carrying not the max the sidewall will take

Yep I would prefer a dually but same thing trying to keep it low key. These 35’s actually have a higher load rating than my last E rated tires. I think because they’re off road designed they might have a thicker carcass but I believe them to be up around 3800 a piece

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online