so I got this e4od...

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother has been tinkering with my badass 4-door bronco of awesome. Aside from needing EVERYTHING rebuilt, I like it! Very unique.

So I rebuilt the e4od, followed all the steps and everything went smooth. Until I left back to San Diego. Everything as far as sensors were *****'d and useless. After many hours thinkering and replacing various sensors, dash works and the e4od shifts... somewhat.

My hard headed brother replaces all the sensors regarding the e4od. He regained all the gears, minus 3rd gear. He read a/c in the current coming off the battery and getting into the pcm, confusing it for the vss signal, so I told him to unplug the alternator and go for a drive. Guess what! He got 3rd back... but lost 2nd. Completely. Winds up high and hits 3rd.

If 2nd gear is hydraulic and you are able to select it manually, how does it magically disappear upon disabling the alternator?

The e4od is BRAND new. Couldn't have more than 10 miles on it. We got 2nd gear when it was in failsafe. When the alternator is dsabled, we lose 2nd and gain 3rd. How?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Second gear in (D) is electronic. No power to SS2 no second gear. Unless you crossed wires someplace the TCM can't confuse battery voltage and VSS signal.

To high or low voltage will make the TCM go crazy. Might want to check the alternator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online