So I broke this

mr_smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys at oreilly were good for nothing as usual..

Its from the top of the injection pump. Tried to ez the part going into the weird fitting and made it worse

Anyone know where to get this crap?

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not a big deal. Any fuel injection pump repair shop will have that fitting. Thats actually a not needed hard line to the black fitting with the o ring on it. That black fitting is the spring loaded check valve that has to be pressed open for the fuel to return from the pump. when the fuel shutoff solenoid closes so does that check valve. Thats why our engines die when they are supposed to. Just cut the hard line off and run a piece of rubber fuel line. Buy a fitting that fits into the check valve with a barb on it and your set. Remember the return line pressure is almost 1 lb.. Not much more than gravity feed back to the tanks...:angel::thumbsup:

mr_smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a wrench on it trying to get it off and it snapped. Live and learn I guess. The removal had gone too smoothly anyways, I was waiting for something dumb and hard to get to break

mr_smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having a hard time finding a barbed fitting.. I have been to 4 places now :mad:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well if you can't find a barbed fitting just use a piece of pipe the same diameter as the fitting. Cut off the threads on one end and slide a piece of fuel hose over it and clamp it to the pipe and the cut off hard line you have. Do yourself a favor and make the new hose piece around 8 inches long. Much easier to work around the injection pump that way. There is no real reason for the 3/8 inch hard line running down the drivers side of the intake manifold anyway. Many return line systems just dump the fuel from the top of the injection pump directly into the return line caps anyway. You can install a Tee between the caps too like I did to set up the air bleed from the filter head. My rig never had a bleed valve so it was always tuff to purge air from the new filters. Any part of the return line is only under about 1 lb pressure if that. Its mostly a gravity drain back most of the time so its not like its going to blow fuel everywhere if you have a leak.