Smoke Puff Limiter

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool but the price is a little to rich for my blood right now.

Theoretically I could turn my pump up from 2 flats of an allen wrench to about 4-6 and experience no smoke but all the power 4-6 flats worth of fuel when my boost levels are high enough? That would be sweet!

In my eyes the only thing worse than a loud slow truck is a loud slow truck that is pouring out a black cloud of death that no one can see through.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Theoretically I could turn my pump up from 2 flats of an allen wrench to about 4-6 and experience no smoke but all the power 4-6 flats worth of fuel when my boost levels are high enough? That would be sweet!

Technically you could do that right now, just feather the throttle with your right foot, mine is 6 flats on the main screw, and 4.5 full turns on the torque screw. I've been meaning to turn it back down because if I let it idle for more than about 15 minutes, after warm up it starts hazing. At that point if I go drive it and get on it to clear the pipes it'll blow black until about 80. Usually at full throttle it blows black until about 20 mph.

I would like for it to have more performance than it currently has (studs and more boost, I know), But I also want less smoke.

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Almost 300 bucks to (basically) turn down your fuel? No thanks....

:confused: It limits your fuel until there is enough boost to effectively use the maximum amount of fuel. Its not turning down the fuel. From what I understand, If I had that on my truck with the ip up 6 flats, I can adjust the device to allow 6 flats worth of fuel to be dumped into the engine when full throttle is applied once the desired boost level is reached. ;Sweet

I'm really tempted to buy this. :love::sly I just think it would be a waste of my time to install it on my worn out ip. :puke:

Last edited:

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I was thinking this plus a moose pump would be the cats meow.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I was thinking this plus a moose pump would be the cats meow.

Bingo. If I wasn't so broke chasing a dozen other disasters, I'd grab one of those things in a heartbeat. It's basically what bosch pumps have had from the factory for years, but stanadyne never got bright enough to figure out( or were too cheap to add the circuit) but it makes a huge difference in pump efficiency.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online