Slick idea found on CraigsList

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came across this posted on CraigsList. Thought I should pass it along.

How many here have struggled with the problem of working on the fuel tanks and or pulling the bed to get to them [bed off.. it's a piece of cake, but how do you get 4 guys together to lift it off.. then again to lift it on]

This solves the problem nicely... Could be welded up cheaply and maybe even improved on so it breaks down smaller and stores small... Just a thought.. Once you see it, you'll do the forehead slap and say.. "Why the hell didn't I think of that !!"

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/tls/4081495185.html

:love:

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is a nice set up, but i did the same thing just used ratchet straps and my cherry picker

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty cool idea if you pull beds a lot. i would still find a way to bust out my back window

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A guy with a weld machine and some metal can make that easy. Nice idea too. Now would you drive the truck out from under the bed or move the bed with the lift.. I think if a person moved the truck a good idea would be to mark the tires and the ground so its got a place to fix on when you back up again.

SHARPIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use 4 of the bolt holes with chains and a clevis on my engine hoist, And the chains don't take up much space, That would be risky on a classic truck bed IMO.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive out from under the bed.. When you put it back on, close is good enough.. you can scoot the bed into place to line up the bolt holes easily by hand once it's setting on the frame.

I like the idea that ford350man had.. just use ratchet straps to each corner pocket and bring them all together at the cherry picker.. quick.. clean.. easy to adjust the straps to get the bed level.. and it doesn't take up space when you're done..
Thanks..

You don't have to get the bed all that high to clear the tires. 8 bolts, quick disconnect plugs on the tail lights.. should have the bed off is just a few minutes.. Waaaay better than dropping fuel tanks.. IMHO..

If you are worried about the back window or cab.. slide a piece of plywood between the cab and bed.. done deal..

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Ya ratchet straps are much easier that plus a cherry picker or fork lift and its a quick simple job, although I will admit with flatbeds its a good idea to use chains instead :)

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a cool tool, and if comes with the load leveler it is worth the price. If you have a overhead chain hoist you can do it with tie down straps, but it would be so much nicer to be able to pick it up with that tool.

Archie

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice and I'm sure it can be used for other things too...LOL

Way cool...

However ratchet straps are a lot less expensive...

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made something similar. I used two pieces of Uni-Strut cut to fit between the front and rear stake pockets, then one piece across the middle with an eye bolt that fits the hook on the cherry picker. I figured with two full length pieces it will better support the weight of the box easier.

I do like the idea of using the leveling bar in the middle.:sly

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazon has them for about $120 bucks. Thinking about it. Will 300lb capacity cover a long bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online