Slant Nose Intercoller Install

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally made a drive out of town this last weekend to go up skiing.
Drove up the Santiam Pass to Hoodoo at about 5000 feet elevation; there's a handful of pretty good hills (6% grade) on the way up.
The truck definitely has more power, but I really couldn't test it out very well; turns out a 6% grade isn't enough to slow the truck down enough to really stay in the throttle for any length of time.
Got up to about 6 on the boost gauge, and just barely got above 900 on the pyro (at about 3/4 throttle). Electric fans never had to kick on. From my experience with this truck, this tells me I will have to turn the fuel down a bit for towing the 5er. Which also means my turbo will be needing an upgrade soon - most IDI's running an intercooler and stock pump are able to max the fuel screw on the IP. With my fuel screw maxed out, my stock Uhaul rebuilt pump already puts out more fuel than the turbo is capable of clearing up.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great... Do some testing pulling the trailer...I think you are going to be ok... 950 seems good to me....with some more weight you will pick up some boost and your IC will do its job and keep the temps from going over 1100..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online