Single mass flywheel - anybody ZF5'ing?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Found this on ebay. Hopefully I am not stepping on anybody's toes, but thought some of you that are thinking of converting a 6.9 or 7.3 to a ZF5 may want to check it out - Single Mass Flywheel

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be carefull! No shipping fees are listed. He'll be able to charge whatever he wants, and that sucker is heavy, and he'll soak whoever buys it I would bet. He also doesn't state that you can come pick it up, so even the locals are at risk.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Be carefull! No shipping fees are listed. He'll be able to charge whatever he wants, and that sucker is heavy, and he'll soak whoever buys it I would bet. He also doesn't state that you can come pick it up, so even the locals are at risk.

So send him an email and see what's what - pretty easy to find out. Just keep the email as evidence if something happens differently than it is supposed to. I always email for a shipping quote, whether shipping is listed or not. Email through the Ebay system and don't delete the response.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Just an FYI, I was quoted $55 to my home in southeastern Ohio, not bad if you ask me.

I don't have any thing vested in this, but I may well bid if things stay low enough as I would eventually like a ZF5 in my truck unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse and I sell it! :)

I am not sure if Ebay is doing it or not, but the bidder information is not listed, just says bidder 1, bidder 2, bidder 3 and I don't want to bid against the brotherhood! If you are one of these bidders, let me know, I won't bid. You can pm me if you don't want to announce it!

SKimballC

Reaction score
Sle2115, go for it. I think its going to go higher than I'll bid. It'll close the gap towards the $540 that I know I can get a brand new SMF kit for the day my dual mass gives up the ghost.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sle2115, go for it. I think its going to go higher than I'll bid. It'll close the gap towards the $540 that I know I can get a brand new SMF kit for when the day my dual mass gives up the ghost.

Yeah, you are probably right - not to mention the cost of the divorce if the ball and chain finds out I am spending more money on the proverbial money pit!!!