Showing off the truck

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a bit of work done to her today. Figured I've never posted my truck up here so might as well be the first. And I'm surprised how clean my turbo inlet is with 351k miles! It's a 92 f350 with sidewinder kit and e40od

Refilled fan clutch

Installed new coolant filter,

And cleaned and oiled filter and cleaned nasty CDr line.

Also found a neat trick for holding the water pump pulley. Check last pic using combination wrench

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you use locktite on the fan nut? I didn't when I replaced my water pump last year and I know a lot of people recommend blue locktite :eek:

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, the banks badges were on the truck when I bought it! Idk unfortunately but it gets me a lot of compliments and questions. No I didn't use picture but I did use a lot of muscle to tighten it so we'll see. Also can't give enough praise to my propane/isobutane conversion for ac. This temp reading his high fan speed at idle, 87 degree ambient temp. When it was 115 out it was keeping me ice cold. If you pop the hood even the compressor is cool from the cold suction line!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking rig! Where did ya get those "Banks turbocharged" badge?

I think those come with the turbo kits.Call up banks and see if they'll sell you a set:
2 PLAQUE, Banks Sidewinder.................................................. 96003

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, you drill a small hole in the face of it right outside the little spring and fill with rc car differential fluid ( silicone fluid 10,000 weight) I simply screwed a short wood screw in with sealant and it's working 100% better. Drove it around and can now hear the Fan actually spinning! And temps stayed right at 200

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had to add oil to the fan clutch, it is likely leaking and will again at some point. Cheap insurance would be to buy a new one unless you somehow installed new seals in your old one.
If your cooling system is up to par, these engines will run spot on @ 190-195 empty all day long with a/c on. Mine ran those temps after I installed new champion rad, motorcraft t-stat, water pump, fan clutch & hoses. Can never be too keen on maintenance when it comes to an engines cooling system IMO.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had to add oil to the fan clutch, it is likely leaking and will again at some point. Cheap insurance would be to buy a new one unless you somehow installed new seals in your old one.
If your cooling system is up to par, these engines will run spot on @ 190-195 empty all day long with a/c on. Mine ran those temps after I installed new champion rad, motorcraft t-stat, water pump, fan clutch & hoses. Can never be too keen on maintenance when it comes to an engines cooling system IMO.

Thanks for the compliments! Yes I just recently overhauled it but may need a new radiator. I'm going to take it out tomorrow and see if the now working fan clutch solved my issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7