shimming Injectors?

slim072590

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the shims go inside the injectors?? well, thats nice, haha

so if i buy New pre tested and matched injectors, do i still need to pull them apart and test them around 5k miles? or since they are were matched going in they should all be the same through out there entire life?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No they will not stay the same pop pressure throughout the entire life. After about 5000 miles of use they have taken a set for pressure and will keep close to that for about 100,000 miles more or less. You will not need to remove them every 25,000 miles to check them either but you could. I feel doing that is a little over the top but we do with our engines as we please. Can we install a set of new matched injecters and forget about them.. Yes but will they stay the same. No. These are a mechanical part and they wear out over time. To actually feel the change in power is not really possible because its a very slow degradation of power loss over a long time.

slim072590

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes perfect cense.. guess i'll put my new injectors in and start looking for a pop-tester, 5,000 miles is quite a long distance

apperachite the help

and i believe i have read you rent the timing tools for these engines, if so can you PM me about a price

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online