Shameless plug: Look at my truck!

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah it's alright! LOL Naw just kidding! Very nice looking truck! ;Sweet It's in the mid 60's here today and I should be out washing but the wife's got me inside doing the honeydo list... :rolleyes:

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about 19.5"s, but don't know if I can justify the cost... I really like the look of the stock PSD wheels too. I'd run the new PSD wheels if I could make 'em fit without changing out hubs and all...

Ryan

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another California truck.. No rust (could be because it leaks enough oil the rust can't stick). Gotta love 70* weather in Dec. Scotty

Attachments

• good truck 4.jpg
    good truck 4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 40

Exekiel69

Reaction score
reklund said:
Thanks for all the nice comments guys! I really have been impressed with the old truck. When I bought it, I had no experience with diesels, and everyone said these old IDI's were pretty worthless for towing. At first I was sure I'd be selling it and getting a CTD, but because the truck was in such good shape, I thought I'd try it out. It was a little anemic at first, but nothing the ATS parts didn't fix... Now it pulls with my buddies 96PSD no problem, towing pretty much the same load (a Toyota rock buggy on a flatbed trailer)

I want to get some 96-98 PSD alloy wheels for it, or maybe some other Alcoa wheel, some bucket seats, keyless/remote start, and upgrade the stereo a little. Other than that, it does everything I want a truck to do.

Ryan

That is a very good idea, but I also remember towcat saying that the sun does pretty bad on metallic paint, oh don't worry, just give it to me during summer time and I'll drive it back on winter :D .

Ok, looks really good your truck and you did good on getting an IDI and give it a chance.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reklund said:
Here's another picture...

Is that the factory paint? Beautiful!

What part of NM are you in? I was stationed in Clovis for just under 2 years. I absolutely loved it there! I'm trying to get my wife to think about making NM our home eventually, but am not having any luck... She's missing out on a beautiful state full of good folks.

That's a fine looking truck you have there. Gotta love sharp-looking older rigs.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mikes91!

Yes, that is the factory Ford paint from 1992. The previous owner kept the truck in his garage/barn out in Edgewood, from what I understand.

I live in Albuquerque, but hopefully my wife and I will move out to the East side of the mountains in the next year or two. I really want a place that has enough space for me to build a good sized shop on so I can work on my cars and trucks.

Good luck on getting your wife to move back! New Mexico is getting better every day, especially here in Albuquerque. We're getting more and more development and new businesses that are boosting the economy decently, and you can still buy property in the country East of the mountains and live "away from the big city" but only be 20 minutes out. About the worst part of New Mexico for an automotive enthusiast is the high car insurance costs (thanks to all the idiots DUI problems here...)

Ryan

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beretzs said:
Here is another California truck.. No rust (could be because it leaks enough oil the rust can't stick). Gotta love 70* weather in Dec. Scotty

Not bad looking, either Scotty. You know, that payment on a new Ram would go a long way with fixing up your IDI and going toward the Thrift Savings Plan. :)

That's a good looking truck you have. Nice lift, too. ;Sweet ;Sweet

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reklund said:
Thanks Mikes91!

Yes, that is the factory Ford paint from 1992. The previous owner kept the truck in his garage/barn out in Edgewood, from what I understand.

I live in Albuquerque, but hopefully my wife and I will move out to the East side of the mountains in the next year or two. I really want a place that has enough space for me to build a good sized shop on so I can work on my cars and trucks.

Good luck on getting your wife to move back! New Mexico is getting better every day, especially here in Albuquerque. We're getting more and more development and new businesses that are boosting the economy decently, and you can still buy property in the country East of the mountains and live "away from the big city" but only be 20 minutes out. About the worst part of New Mexico for an automotive enthusiast is the high car insurance costs (thanks to all the idiots DUI problems here...)

Ryan

New Mexico is rumored to be the new space port when space tourism begins sometime in the next several years. Gonna really launch the state's economy if it happens...

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The NEW space port? the aliens landed here in the 1950's! :rotflmao

I forgot to add some 2" lift springs for the front end to my list of wants for the old truck. I just hate that it sags like it does...and I've pretty much decided that I'll save the airbags for the rear.

Mike- how much lift is on your rig? What size of tires are you running?

Ryan

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of you guys have some nice rigs and nice weather! ;Sweet

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Ryan

Finally someone in my neck of the woods! I live in Moriarty and have 2 IDI's. I still have to commute to the big chip ranch out in Rio Rancho for work, but it is great having plenty of room at home. I'm building my shop right now (slow process). You do have a very nice looking rig.

Tom

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom-

Good to hear I'm not the only guy in the area with an old IDI. Let me know if you need anything- I'm slowly getting to know these trucks pretty well. My commute is just 2 miles, down to Karl Malone Toyota where I'm a technician, but the truck is a nice comfy ride for 5 minutes....

Thanks for the comments on the truck...

Ryan

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Ryan & Tom

You guys are both too close for us not to get together sometime this spring or summer. We should have done somthing durring the Hot Air ballon fest..

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Rob

Sometime next summer is a possibility. My wife is from CSprings so we make it up there occasionally. You don't want to come down here during Balloon Fiasco. That part of the city is usually gridlocked because of all the "balloon tourists". Makes getting to work kind of dicey sometimes.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin