Shameless plug: Look at my truck!

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is totally shameless. It was almost 70* here today, and I washed the truck in short-sleeves. ;Really Gotta love New Mexico in December... Pic taken at the Sportsmans Wearhouse parking lot, where I was cashing in some Christmas gift cards... Tell me what y'all think of the old girl!

Ryan

Attachments

• tow rig (2).jpg
    tow rig (2).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 119

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Looks nice. ;Sweet Wish mine would clean up that nice. The Pa salt has taken its toll. :backoff
John

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
reklund said:
This is totally shameless. It was almost 70* here today, and I washed the truck in short-sleeves. ;Really Gotta love New Mexico in December... Pic taken at the Sportsmans Wearhouse parking lot, where I was cashing in some Christmas gift cards... Tell me what y'all think of the old girl!

Ryan
ryan-
don't forget to add that it frequently gets over 110 in the summer :puke:
drove through that heat this last July. Lucky my AC was working good :D ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Looks good - gotta love those climates where it doesn't snow - the salt does quite a number on truck bodies up here.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats a damn fine lookin truck!!i like the color combo on it.

hmmmm can i borrow your truck for a few days?dont worry about the missing parts when you get it back,i didnt do it.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Nice photo. ;Sweet Dayum, I miss deep blue skies in the winter time. We're in for four more rain storms here over the next week or so and my truck is looking rather muddy. Won't be cleaning mine 'til March. Why bother?

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Sharp!

Looks great! :thumbsup: We lost all over our snow except up high and it's been raining off and on for days so you know what a muddy mess the roads are. If we get a dry spell here I'll run The Hulk down to the carwash and get a layer of road grime off. I know it's a truck but I sure like to have it clean! ;Sweet

Oh, yeah. Don't get too smug when its' only 85 degrees here in the summer instead of scorching heat in the desert! LOL I'll take some winter weather. I don't have to do yardwork that way! :D Kick up my feet and watch Outdoor Channel or Dukes reruns on CMT. ;Sweet

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments guys! I really have been impressed with the old truck. When I bought it, I had no experience with diesels, and everyone said these old IDI's were pretty worthless for towing. At first I was sure I'd be selling it and getting a CTD, but because the truck was in such good shape, I thought I'd try it out. It was a little anemic at first, but nothing the ATS parts didn't fix... Now it pulls with my buddies 96PSD no problem, towing pretty much the same load (a Toyota rock buggy on a flatbed trailer)

I want to get some 96-98 PSD alloy wheels for it, or maybe some other Alcoa wheel, some bucket seats, keyless/remote start, and upgrade the stereo a little. Other than that, it does everything I want a truck to do.

Ryan

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
reklund said:
I want to get some 96-98 PSD alloy wheels for it, or maybe some other Alcoa wheel, some bucket seats, keyless/remote start, and upgrade the stereo a little. Other than that, it does everything I want a truck to do.

Ryan

I thought about getting 19.5 Rims/Tires (Discussion Here). Rickson and Alcoa sell them. Looking at ~$2000.00 with tires for a set of four.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online