SF Bay Area GTG memorial day weekend.

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like I missed out. :cry: I will be sure to make a point to make it next time something like this happens. And it appears bullnoses were underrepresented, so that in and of itself is reason enough to go. :sly

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I'd like to give a special thanks to 328 Mike for the ribs and the prep, "Golden Helmet" for the sausages and the proper way to cook them(they are lean enough where you either had it just right or they were too dry), and Michelle Mathis for the loaded baked potatoes. Lastly, thanks to those who were able to bring a side dish and desserts. The only reason why the events are getting better and better, it's because of the people who do show up and participate. I might push it out to a two day event if there is a call for it. the truck/tech side of things could use more time but we had to start cooking or people will be hungry. I'm open for suggestions and input, it's the only way we can keep getting better. Who knows, we just might have enough momentum for a west coast rally just yet! :D

The biggest thanks go to Calvin (towcat) for repeatedly hosting terrific GTGs! I have only been to one, but am of the mind to try to get there any time he offers the opportunity. Not only is he right about a west coast rally, but San Jose is probably the best place to have one. It is easy and simple to get to for 1000 miles around, including at least 5 other states (and the western states are pretty big). I will be happy to help organize if it ever comes true.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brakes?!!??? just downshift!
That's what I normally do...I'm proud of the fact that I can get from highway speeds down to 15 mph without touching the brake pedal, and for that matter, I think that's why it took me a few years to even realize that my vacuum booster had died, and why I'm just living with it for now. But, I know how twisty and turny PCH can be south of Monterey...better safe than sorry. right? :D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a great gathering, as usual. And a Great Big Thank You to Towcat for sourcing some new front tires on REALLY short notice, like 4:45 friday afternoon. Delivered Sat am and on by 2:00, perfect. Had one just barely coming apart and it was time. Thanks to everyone that helped lift the bed onto my truck for the trip home, rode flawlessly all the way up Hwy 101. 4 vice grip welding tongs work wonders.
More food than we could eat, GoldenHelmet, you are welcome anytime, just bring meats,lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a great gathering, as usual. And a Great Big Thank You to Towcat for sourcing some new front tires on REALLY short notice, like 4:45 friday afternoon. Delivered Sat am and on by 2:00, perfect. Had one just barely coming apart and it was time. Thanks to everyone that helped lift the bed onto my truck for the trip home, rode flawlessly all the way up Hwy 101. 4 vice grip welding tongs work wonders.
More food than we could eat, GoldenHelmet, you are welcome anytime, just bring meats,lol

did you end up taping the v-grips?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad you and the Mrs. made it home safe! oah, and the bed too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7