SES light on=NO Power under load!!!

sagebel

Reaction score
On the way home today I got into it pretty good(had to smoke out a ricer owner that I work with) When I let off the throttle the SES light came on. The truck idles fine but when under load it runs very rough, enough to make it feel like driveing a washboard road. No power for hills or at take off. I got home and pulled the chip, disconnected the batteries, and pulled the PCM fuses, no change. I need to figure this out today so that I can get parts from Ford if required. Their parts dept. is not open on weekends. I will be out in the shop trying to figure this out. My cell # is (360) 509-0609. Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott

sagebel

Reaction score
Wasn't the intercooler, that was yesterday after I changed the air filter:confused: I took the truck to the local shop so they could pull the codes. P1316. Injector circuit fault. Came home and started on the driver's side valve cover. I had the engine running and wiggled the valve cover connector and the truck idled better, wiggled it again and it started loping. I inspected the connector and it was only attached on one side and loose on one end. Nothing a zip tie couldn't fix.

pipewhiner

Reaction score
Have you done the TSB on the injector harness clips? Mine did that and I got the clips for about $12.00 at the stealer

sagebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Right now the zip tie is holding so I'll keep it until it doesn't work.