SES light on=NO Power under load!!!

sagebel

Reaction score
On the way home today I got into it pretty good(had to smoke out a ricer owner that I work with) When I let off the throttle the SES light came on. The truck idles fine but when under load it runs very rough, enough to make it feel like driveing a washboard road. No power for hills or at take off. I got home and pulled the chip, disconnected the batteries, and pulled the PCM fuses, no change. I need to figure this out today so that I can get parts from Ford if required. Their parts dept. is not open on weekends. I will be out in the shop trying to figure this out. My cell # is (360) 509-0609. Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott

sagebel

Reaction score
Wasn't the intercooler, that was yesterday after I changed the air filter:confused: I took the truck to the local shop so they could pull the codes. P1316. Injector circuit fault. Came home and started on the driver's side valve cover. I had the engine running and wiggled the valve cover connector and the truck idled better, wiggled it again and it started loping. I inspected the connector and it was only attached on one side and loose on one end. Nothing a zip tie couldn't fix.

pipewhiner

Reaction score
Have you done the TSB on the injector harness clips? Mine did that and I got the clips for about $12.00 at the stealer

sagebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Right now the zip tie is holding so I'll keep it until it doesn't work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online