Serpentine Belt Size

mf7lakes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys n gals -- don't beat me over asking this:

Is there a definitive way to order the correct size serpentine belt the first time around ??

Does Ford still make them ?

I have looked through several parts catalogs and there are multiple lengths shown all over the map.

Thanks in advance........and yes I did a search through old posts and never found a "hit the nail on the head" answer.............

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Well it's not the one that AutoZone calls for. It's too short. It's ~111 inches and the only way to install it is over the vacuum pump pulley. The ambulance package belt is ~113 inches, that is my next try.....

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used this one. has it worked for anyone else?

You must be registered for see images attach

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
On my 1993 E350 7.3L IDI N/A,

I have used 112 and 113 inch belts without problems. The 112 needs the idler pulley fully lowered to get it on the last pulley, the alternator pulley. It had to be the alternator pulley.

It will stretch a fair amount over time.

O-Reilly's Auto Parts can get many different lengths if the clerk has a brain and knows how to use the computer.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Autozone Duralast 1110K6 is the one I used originally for my '93 F250 M code (NA) engine with A/C.

There was a trick with that^ I can't recall what had to go on last but it had too,in order to go on.Alternator? Vac pump? Don't recall.Whatever it was,it had to be last or forgetaboutit.:D

Since ditching the vac pump,I now run:
Duralast Belt #1080K6 (snug fit without vacuum pump there,but once on,tensioner isn't bottomed out and belt is perfect fit)

Real snug! The trick to get this one on without a vac pump,is to slide one rib at a time over the AC clutch.It's a ****** and takes a good 30 seconds of swearing lol.Then once on,there is just a bit of play in the tentioner.Not completely bottomed out and with it nice and snug,there's no slop in anything across the wide span.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online