serious fueling

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys i know alot of people have been talking about doing high power idi motors and some say fuel is not an issue until the bottom is strong well this is just one of many ideas i have for the fuel issue and yes it would cost serious $ but if you are going for power and are serious u shouldnt cheap out on the fuel system because its just as important as the rest of the project:D

http://scheiddiesel.com/display_part/2513.php

and yes i know it says powerstroke but iam almost posotive i could make it work with some good fab work, many of u guys do great work on your projects so lets see this under someones hood;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
ok guys i know alot of people have been talking about doing high power idi motors and some say fuel is not an issue until the bottom is strong well this is just one of many ideas i have for the fuel issue and yes it would cost serious $ but if you are going for power and are serious u shouldnt cheap out on the fuel system because its just as important as the rest of the project:D

http://scheiddiesel.com/display_part/2513.php

and yes i know it says powerstroke but iam almost posotive i could make it work with some good fab work, many of u guys do great work on your projects so lets see this under someones hood;Sweet

maybe you should fab it up so we would have ultimate fuel;Sweet

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Granted this is on a PSD, and this is an inline pump, but I've always wondered how you'd get the V-pump packaged without being in the way. These pumps are MASSIVE. But you sure wouldn't run out of fuel, that's for sure.

Also, how do you think an IDI will handle the constant timing of a p-style pump? These aren't like our DB2's that can advance and retard the timing, you set em and that's it through the RPM range.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Granted this is on a PSD, and this is an inline pump, but I've always wondered how you'd get the V-pump packaged without being in the way. These pumps are MASSIVE. But you sure wouldn't run out of fuel, that's for sure.

Also, how do you think an IDI will handle the constant timing of a p-style pump? These aren't like our DB2's that can advance and retard the timing, you set em and that's it through the RPM range.

probly have to run slightly retarded timing cause mine has alot of power were i have the timing set and with the timing retrd thing hooked up, but when i unhooked it power sucked and it was crasy loud, it sound like a psd except much louder, im going to try it again except im going to do it and retard the timing alot then do some adjustments and see if there is a sweet spot

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
-Drool-Drool-Drool I want one! It won't tell me a price, do you know haw much it costs?

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probly have to run slightly retarded timing cause mine has alot of power were i have the timing set and with the timing retrd thing hooked up, but when i unhooked it power sucked and it was crasy loud, it sound like a psd except much louder, im going to try it again except im going to do it and retard the timing alot then do some adjustments and see if there is a sweet spot

Ok, so you're saying back it off from you're running? I'm taking a wild guess, and generic number, at 15* BTDC? So back it down to around 10*? Remember that an inline pump won't advnce or retard the timing at all. That means you have 10* of timing when starting, at idle, at 1500 rpm, 2000 rpm, and so on. At some point you're going to need to add timing to keep up with the burn rate and RPM.

Can you hook up something to the front of the pump, with flyweights, or electronics, that would advance the pump to keep up? Maybe. Think back to Mack, look into their old engines and pump setups. They also have an 'electro-mechanical' version. Search around, you're bound to find something. One hint, it is capable of 13* timing advance from the base setting.

A buddy of mine and I are currently trying to figure out how to adapt one to a P7100 on a Cummins.

And this is why I say I have no worries about the fueling in my build as of yet.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
call and they will price it i can get the price if anyone is really interested and would set the timing for what your target goal would be exc, so it may help to run different timing at startup idle and cruse speed exc i would look at whare u spend most of your time (rpms) and set it acordingly that would be the easiest rought, and who knows what that v stye pump has it mayhave a variable timing setup

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still an inline style pump with a rack to control fuel flow. No way, unless it's built into the front housing of the pump itself, for it to advance or retard timing.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if i was using that much fuel i probly wouldnt b worried about it changing timing lol jus set for a verry high and small range of rpm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin