seel clutch MC and steel cluthc line?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i somehow bruned thru my clutch line when taking my old truck apart so i needs a new one.
I read somewhere you could get a metal master cyl, is this true? Also some kind of braided clutch line or anythign other than plastic?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have seen someone post an advance Auto metal master cylinder.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the one. I see the cable on rock autpo for 57, but i think its plastic, well see what advance has or maybe ill make my own?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The advance wagner one looks like a metal body but it's only available online.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the ones for the OBS strokes will work, looks like they are available with a steel hard line.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clutch line for a '96 PSD, stainless steel with braided section. Or, get the Earl's adapter fittings from Summit or Jegs, then run a full-braided AN-ended line. Take your pick.

Advance has aluminum masters, so does AutoZone. Buy from Advance, the AZ ones don't fit well. Aluminum slaves can be had from Advance only, not AutoZone. Napa, O'Reiley, or Carquest may or may not carry either, idk.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aluminum slaves can be had from Advance only, not AutoZone. Napa, O'Reiley, or Carquest may or may not carry either, idk.
FWIW I got an aluminum slave cylinder from CarQuest, although that was back in 2003...I don't know whether they still sell them today.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahem...got the steel/braided combo lines here and 3 - 4 plastic including a red one LOL

93 up 250 up had them IIRC

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Far as I've seen, metal line started with the powerstroke, but could've made it to others during replacement.
Might as well get the whole shebang. Slave, line, and master all in one pre-bled system.
Try searching it for 95 stroke.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg -

I purchased a Wagner for my 85 from RA. The picture showed a metal body master cylinder and that's what I wanted. When it showed up, the body was black plastic - totally different from the picture. The MC I was replacing was an Exedy and it was metal, so I re-ordered an Exedy master cylinder (MC357) and slave cylinder (SC729). Got here in three days, both were metal. I think the slave cylinders are the same, but I'lll bet our master cylinders are different. Exedy is metal, it was six years ago and still is. Wagner, I'd check on form the supplier. Pictures aren't always reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online