SD hpop res and fuel fliter housing on OBS

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
will it fit??
I Know I need to put the elect pump on and run new feed and return lines ,
got most of the stuff other than pump and lines(gonna be custom any how)
only problem I think is the hpop lines, but I have a set of SD's comming.gonna put them on anyhow , so I can do the hx line, with ease.
Nick

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Well after guttin' tonka's {and bleeding all over it LOL } the fuel bowl bolts thru the HPOP resivour and the HP oil lines thread directly into the heads as opposed to the OBS stlye of JIC flare fittings.

I'm leaning towards elec fuel supply ;Sweet .....care to share :angel: :D

My thoughts were to mount the Stooper Doopy pump right after a primary spin on filter then to a 3 micron secondary mounted horiz in the frame rails.
The filter heads will use the std 1" filter stud with 3/8" inlets and outlets.

From what I have been able to read up on, doesn't this become a regulated return system :confused:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GEO,we already have a regulated return system.

why would you want to run the SD HPOP reservoir and filter?if youre going to electric fuel system just use an aftermarket fuel filters.www.beansdieselperformance.com sells a full electric fuel system as a kit for about 800.00.if i remember correctly you would spend somewhere near that amount trying to piece it together yourself.the SD pump alone is $145.00,regulater is around $100.00 plus fabing up lines,filters and brackets.i wish the BDP system didnt have to mounted under the truck.its too good looking to hide.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Geo
Im gettin the lines from the SD also,
the stock SD setup uses the pump on the frame, then to the filter, filter housing is pressurized to 50-60 psi, and returns to the tank from there.
the SD set up feeds the pass side rear of the head and the driver side front.
there is no return from the heads.
hence the reason for the regulated retirn system. me and PSDhokie an some others were of the first to make a regulated return system
it consisted of metal return lines from the front of the pass side head and the rear of the driver side head, going to a regulator then to the tank, the factory return/ regulator was bypassed.
the OBS setup is actually better other than the pump.

What I am think as for a set up on my 96 is get a SD pump, put it on the frame rail, probably where the flex line meets the frame on the dr side,
gotta get a crash switch, although rolling a truck 5 times didnt trip it, so whats the point,

then from the flex line I will probably use a SD feed line to get to the SD fuel bowl. the from the SD fuel bowl I will feed the rear of both heads, and return out the front of the heads to the regulator, then to the tank.
the regulator I have now is also set up to add fuel as the boost come up.

from prior experiance on my SD I was able to make 330 rwhp and be able to drive without loosing fuel so I think the SD pump will work well on the 96.

As for using an aftermarket fuel filter houisng, I was able to get the stock SD from fleabay for $50.00 shipped.
Im a fan of modifying stuff, but I also want to be able to fix it with off the shelf parts.
Nick

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
wow I think we were all typin at the same time.
TD that would be great. havent looked under the hood of a SD for a while,
Rich
I already have the regulator and a few lines, they were left from the SD, then with the score of the filter from fleabay.
I will end up with a mostly stock set up.
Nick

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow I think we were all typin at the same time.
TD that would be great. havent looked under the hood of a SD for a while,

What I wanna know is why is GEO home early......it's not midnight yet.

Get some pics in a couple minutes as soon as I quit stuffing Lasagna and cheescake in my belly.:love:

Will look into the regulated fuel mod, I'm hardpiped and gonna replace the line that was spliced into with a piece of copper tubing and rubber hose. I hate cobbed up stuff like that and fortunatly it's about the only thing I find cobbed up.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the pics, They are big...Kept the original huge size and edited the quality lower in photoshop. Pics are 100 - 400 kb each.

If you need a certain detail shot let me know.

Hoses screw straight into the second port from the front of the HP rail on both sides

You must be registered for see images attach

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HPOP Hoses Screw into HPOP, the fittings swivel

Extra shots of HPOP

Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few shots of the Filter housing

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple shots of the HPOP resevoir & timing cover

That's it for now. Let me know if you need something else shot.......ummm.....besides GRUSS:shoot: :eek:

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rich
I already have the regulator and a few lines, they were left from the SD, then with the score of the filter from fleabay.
I will end up with a mostly stock set up.
Nick

ok then if you have most of the stuff then i can see useing it

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
That's it for now. Let me know if you need something else shot.......ummm.....besides GRUSS:shoot: :eek:

hehe he dont know it yet, but once this mod takes place, he will be learin more about the psd :D

Thanks for the picts, looks like at the hpop end, only difference is the fittings, now just gotta make sure the gasket is the same.
Nick

Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the HPOP gasket is the same for 96-up.the 99-up reservoir gasket has a screen molded into it on the pressure side.

Yep, I second that...Engines from '95.5 and up, serial numbers 0216544 and up use the same front cover seal set (Navistar p/n 1831680C95 $66.88) that contains 2 different resevoir gaskets in it, everything else in the kit is the same for all models.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726