SCORE!!! 1993 7.3 idi factory turbo!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My buddy bought an engine this evening turbo kit is complete, guy said it didnt run good, had a knock smoked bad **** like that, but im gonna figure out what wrong with it, if the engine is good were gonna find a truck and build the engine and have a fast truck, if the engine is bad were gonna part it out and scrap the rest to fund our project, the turbo is perfect no shaft play at all and all complete, even got the downpipe:D so we havent decided if were gonna use this baby turbo (probly not) so hit me up with offers, its 99%complete and in great shape

Best part is the engine costed a grand total of 250 dollars;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:eek::thumbsup::Thumbs Up Glad to see your still hitten it but... I kinda cry a little when I read your still doing 400 rpm... Thats a lot of rotating weight being thrown around. Glad its still together. We can buy new heads but not new block. Maybe you have or have not seen what I have posted about using 6.9 head gaskets on the 7.3 engines. They fit correctly plus they have two cooling ports open on both bottom sides of the gasket. Just need to remove the steel freeze plugs in the 7.3 blocks and heads so coolant flows thru just like a 6.9 engine. We all know the 7.3 engines run hotter than any 6.9 and I feel this is why. No real reason has been found to run a plugged up 7.3 head and block.....

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So who calls dibbs on the factory turbo, lets start this out at 1000 obo+shipping, its complete and in great shape still attached to the engine too:D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
What happened to all ur trucks?

The trans went out in the 89
i torn the transfer case out of the brown 86 and figured it wasnt nice enough to put another one in

The grey 86 i swapped the motor and turbo from the brown 86 into it and have drove it a few times but its still not fixed keep clogging the check valve in the IP up ontop of other problems! And i need an alternator really bad!

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
so you couldn't make one working truck with three previously working trucks?
good reason to buy another engine.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
so you couldn't make one working truck with three previously working trucks?
good reason to buy another engine.

Dude the engine is for a project build, the reason i cant get a running truck is i work so much i have no time to do anything, it gets dark an hour after i get home dont leave me much time to work

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude the engine is for a project build, the reason i cant get a running truck is i work so much i have no time to do anything, it gets dark an hour after i get home dont leave me much time to work

Not sure if they got these where U live but up here in Canada we got a few different options for working in the dark...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Now these are just a few of the option we Canadians have there is also the good old Bic lighter but that just gets hot holding it and turning a wrench with the other hand...:rotflmao

Not sure if you can locate any of these fine instruments of light but I'ld be happy to assist....:rotflmao ;Poke

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Not sure if they got these where U live but up here in Canada we got a few different options for working in the dark...

Now these are just a few of the option we Canadians have there is also the good old Bic lighter but that just gets hot holding it and turning a wrench with the other hand...:rotflmao

Not sure if you can locate any of these fine instruments of light but I'ld be happy to assist....:rotflmao ;Poke

:rotflmao:rotflmao Nothing like some good ol' artificial light.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yea yea lol i justg dont like working in the dark outside unless i have to, i loose to much ****

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online