Schrader Valve

JeffMoss1

Jeff
Reaction score
Sup GUys,

Replaced my fuel lines up to the rough pump. Trying to bleed out the air in the lines with the schraeder valve. ONce the engine starts, should i do anything more with the valve?

I got it to start once, drove it around the block. Left it an hour. Now i'm trying to bleed air again (i think.)

~Jeff

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Once You get it started is best if You run it some more time not just around the block but it should at least start again. You can try the easy first and run it on the highway then try to start it again, if the problem persists then You could very well have an air leak some where.

JeffMoss1

Jeff
Reaction score
Yo yo,

Got it started again.

I tightened the filter inlet (just incase, cause i had just removed it) then took it on the highway once it was started.

Got back home, shut it down, and then it started right back up. I also just did my first lap around town on SVO :) ...so i'll sleep well tonight.

I'll try it again tomorrow morning.

Thanks again,

~Jeff

JeffMoss1

Jeff
Reaction score
It's the morning and the Van won't start.

I hunted around and tightened some of the hose clamps i put on the fuel lines (i replaced those stupid connectors with just normal hose and hose clamps.) I think I actually may have found a leak, so i tightened it all up.

I tried all the bleeding procedures (i think) and it just won't catch.

Should I do the high pressure lines after the IP? Is it possible air got in them?

It wasn't a problem before, but do you think it's the fuel filter?

(i made sure to run out the svo before i shut the van down last night)

~Jeff

Last edited:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My diagnosis is gelled SVO.

I have a jug in the shop that has turned to pure lard.

That stuff is summer-time stuff.