SCA

bullwhip

Reaction score
I'm bout do a cycle of flushes after motor swap. I have already got 10 gal of coolant but I don't thank it has SCA in it. My Q is this how much SCA do I need to add? Coolant was given to me by a friend and its in two plane 5 gal buckets he told me he got it out of a 55gal drum I looked at it is clean and new.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Make sure your mystery coolant is low silicate or else you might end up with some problems when you add all your SCAs. They might not work properly and you might clog up your radiator. Low silicate fluid isn't all that common so what you have may not be it. If it came from a diesel shop though then you might be okay.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Also use distilled water and not well or tap water. The minerals in it will load up the radiater quickly. Distilled water wont.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive used red devil lye in several other dual metal engines , this looks to be all iron,,,od far with no ill afects,,, getting ready to do this thing and I am on the search for a good flush . seeing how most of the junj today wont clean glass. dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online