Salvage yards blow...............

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been on the phone 15 seperate times today with a salvage yard trying to get confirmation on the fact that what they are calling the track bar bracket is infact a track bar bracket for a 350 front end. It seems every salvage yard i've had to deal with in the acquisition of the necessary parts for my D60 swap has had more or less NADA for customer service skills. The only one that was even close to managable was the one I got the actual axle from. I guess that was because I was spending more than $40 with them, huh?

These jokers today kept promising to call me back and never did. Then I would call and they'd get all bent because they were too busy. ***? They sent me TTB front springs TWICE already saying that they were D60 springs when infact they weren't. Guess third times gonna be the charm? Too busy to confirm a part, too busy too call back, too busy to send the right part not once but twice, jeez! I didn't know the salvage yard business was that booming!!!!!!!!!
I guess I just need to move out to the middle of nowhere, open a junkyard, treat customers like crap, and sit back and watch the cash roll in.

After all the phone tag today, just got off the phone with them, and they had the nerve to tell me that I called back too late to get my parts shipped today so its gonna be tommorrow afternoon! ***! They were supposed to call me back like 12 times today and never did, but somehow its my fault that I called them back for the 12th time "too late". Then I got the gumption to ask one last time for dude to text or e-mail me a picture of the track bar bracket......................then he responded with: "If you wanna see what it looks like so badly, then drive your ass up here and take a look at it. I 'll leave it on the front counter with the secretary for when you get here." Oh I about lost it. I just told him to send the damn thing wrong or right and i'd take my chances getting screwed by them again...........since they're too busy to make sure that they can send a guy the right friggin parts.
So steamed............

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like u need a nice local junk yard to go to that you can talk to the guys about and sow them what u want around here if u nw the guys a the junk yards well enough they let u snoop around the yard and get all the parts you need

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Been on the phone 15 seperate times today with a salvage yard trying to get confirmation on the fact that what they are calling the track bar bracket is infact a track bar bracket for a 350 front end. It seems every salvage yard i've had to deal with in the acquisition of the necessary parts for my D60 swap has had more or less NADA for customer service skills. The only one that was even close to managable was the one I got the actual axle from. I guess that was because I was spending more than $40 with them, huh?

These jokers today kept promising to call me back and never did. Then I would call and they'd get all bent because they were too busy. ***? They sent me TTB front springs TWICE already saying that they were D60 springs when infact they weren't. Guess third times gonna be the charm? Too busy to confirm a part, too busy too call back, too busy to send the right part not once but twice, jeez! I didn't know the salvage yard business was that booming!!!!!!!!!
I guess I just need to move out to the middle of nowhere, open a junkyard, treat customers like crap, and sit back and watch the cash roll in.

After all the phone tag today, just got off the phone with them, and they had the nerve to tell me that I called back too late to get my parts shipped today so its gonna be tommorrow afternoon! ***! They were supposed to call me back like 12 times today and never did, but somehow its my fault that I called them back for the 12th time "too late". Then I got the gumption to ask one last time for dude to text or e-mail me a picture of the track bar bracket......................then he responded with: "If you wanna see what it looks like so badly, then drive your ass up here and take a look at it. I 'll leave it on the front counter with the secretary for when you get here." Oh I about lost it. I just told him to send the damn thing wrong or right and i'd take my chances getting screwed by them again...........since they're too busy to make sure that they can send a guy the right friggin parts.
So steamed............

Sounds like your great "deal" is not so great anymore. Did you at least get the drivers side u-bolt plate?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I normally wouldnt say this, but, pay with a credit card ,if its wrong, dispute it.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why when I do a swap I usually just buy a complete parts trucks. Then strip it down, keep what I need, sell what I don't and scrap the rest.:D My neighbors just love me when I strip down vehicles in my driveway!:rotflmao You think they'd be used to it by now ( been doing it for over 10 years ) . LOL

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
I'm buying a track bar bracket for a 6" lift so if you need a stock height one I have one

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the offers for springs (itsacrazyasian), and the t-bar bracket (93444idi). I might end up taking yall up on the offers. Im going to give the clowns one last try to get this right before I dispute it and acquire the parts through the forums channels. (And I did pay with a credit card Russ for the exact purpose that you stated).
Brad- I actually got the drivers u-bolt plate from a 2000 superduty. Its the same plate as the one on the OBS axle except for the fact that the swaybar mounts to it on the superduty. Im gonna remedy that by running it through the ban-saw and slicing it off before I install it. Im coming down to the wire on my budget for this project and am just trying to get the thing under there and sort out the rest of the little stuff later if necessary.
And as far as the comment about buying a whole truck and parting it out, I would be all for that except for the fact that I don't have a place anymore to strip a truck down, and also that I couldnt find any trucks around here that had a 60 under them. Found a few 250's for decent prices, but that wasn't helping me. 350 4x4's around here seem to be worth double or triple what a comparable 250 would be (as far as OBS trucks are concerned). All you have to do is say its got a Dana 60 under it, and the redneck mud bogger boys come runnin to buy it. Add a set of stacks and you're practically sitting on gold.............welcome to the south!
Gonna see what happens tommorrow and let you guys know, but just for knowledge sake- itsacrazyasian & 93444idi pleasr PM me what you guys are looking to get for the springs and bracket respectively. Im in memphis tn if you could ball park shipping as well. Don't imagine it would be too much on the bracket, but the springs could be a different story.
Thanks Guys!

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sure wouldn't be getting my business! I'd tell him where to go, and find another yard.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
i was just in memphis last saturday man! shipping wont be bad im sure, im just above the border in the cape girardeau area

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
before you go crazy tring to find that track bar bracket, see if one of your ttb pivot brackets line up with the track bar. Ive been using mine like this for 2 years with no problems whatsoever

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you make that work Ryan? Got a pic? Thats the first i've heard of a TTB bracket doubling as a trackbar bracket, but i'm ALL ears........
93444idi- I wish I would have known, I definitely would have gotten the bracket from you then- plus I always jump at the chance to meet someone else from here face to face! PM me the next time you come back through. And I am VERY familiar with the cape girardeau area. My dads entire family is from there and still own farm land and natural gas leases there and also in Hayti.

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Yeeeeeep, totally agree with ya Matt. Most salvage yards it seems won't even contemplate going even a little out of their way to make a sale. I guess they figure if you want it bad enough, you will come running for it. Thankfully they aren't the only game in town lol. I left my name/number at a place when I was looking for a F-series bed a YEAR AGO and haven't heard a word since.

If you think that is bad, the owner of my local salvage yard earned himself the nickname "Satan" for his dealings in salvage muscle cars. No kidding, a guy in town told me, "God help you if you want something as small as a mustang emblem! Satan has a row of 40 and won't let ya have one for less than 100!" LOL

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Brad- I actually got the drivers u-bolt plate from a 2000 superduty. Its the same plate as the one on the OBS axle except for the fact that the swaybar mounts to it on the superduty. Im gonna remedy that by running it through the ban-saw and slicing it off before I install it. !

You want to double check the fitment of the superduty u-bolt plate they ARE different. And I'm not talking about the sway bar part either