Rustproofing idea.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
You know, sometimes I even surprise myself with my creative idea’s....:D:rotflmao......After watching/helping my old man struggle to undercoat his 04 Ranger 4x4 today I decided I need a bigger/faster undercoating apparatus....I was looking around online when yet another stroke of brilliance invaded my cranium....:sly....I have the very finest in pressure tanks sitting in my shed – my old waste oil refinery......If I bypass the filters and gear up a longer hose I could fill the thing with 20L of dripless undercoating....Pressurize the tank and bob’s your uncle...Hose size and wand tip design will be the key...I want lots of material in a wide pattern – FAST ....I think this is going to work really well with a little tinkering....Any viscosity of material would work in it and if I put my hot water bed heater around it to warm it up it will work even better. I will drag it out of retirement in the shed and get it geared up tomorrow. Pic's to come...He is the old pic of the unit when I was building it.;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah.its sure beats letting the salt and calcium undercoat it for you instead lol.
shes getting coated one way or the other.you pick or the road will do it for ya.:D

hey bigrig, another idea for your flatbed.check this out.aluminized sheets above my duals to cover up the C-channels.so the mess can't even get up there in the most vulnerable spot.;Sweet

that snow,slush,salt,calcium,sand filled rotting crap, cakes up on the C-channels in massive chunks and takes forever to spray off with a pressure washer once frozen! ...........not this year.:)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'm going to try a ball valve to control the rustproofing with a soft rubber hose after that and a piece of 3/8 tubing for a wand with a flattened end....That's how my current gun is set up and it works - just too slow for the Proform dripless oil that I'm using. My dump box is getting a coat this year too.

If you don't rustproof your rig around here you will have nothing to drive in a short time....Just look at my $2000 04 F150 sitting in my yard waiting for it's new frame. 103,000KM and the frame is so soft you can't pick it up with a hoist. Between the hundreds of tons of salt and the calcium brine we use to clear the roads every winter bare steel hasn't got a chance. You should see what it does to the snow plows....The last truck I just finished prepping for winter was a 2005 Sterling - it was so rotten the frame looked like it was 20 yrs old.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would use a good quality paint before any undercoat. But that KROWN you guys have up there looks like some really good stuff

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Paint is useless, the calcium brine will eat it for lunch as it creeps everywhere. We use commercial marine epoxy paint on the highway plow trucks and it eats that after a while too. What works best is any rustproofing that is kept oily/sticky - not dried out and flaking off or saturated in dirt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726