Running WMO now....

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matrix37495
I just changed trans oil/filter in my sons car and threw it into the batch I'm CFing now, do you care if I post some pics of the CF after its run for a while?

When you mentioned your CF didn't have much crud in it, I had the same thing a couple weeks ago. I just want to make sure I'm running everything close to "normal".

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
donn, i'm using about 80% "waste motor oil". :/

Brad, i dont mind. :) Let us know how many passes you run it too.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The batch is 12 ga.,50% diesel fuel & 50% wmo/waste trans oil, been run through the CF about 1.5 hrs.
The CF is 55 gph,(PAbio), if my math is fairly accurate 5 or 6 passes:dunno.
On the pic I tried to wipe a clean spot on these two pieces, the stuff was stuck on.
I might run it some more to see what more comes out.

Attachments

• CF pics.gif
    CF pics.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 23

wmoguy

Reaction score
Not bad at all. Where was your oil choice from? Mass production or a personal stash?

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
When i did mine it had a thin layer of build up on the sides and about a 1/4" up into the domed part. The layer was about three layers of paper thick. That was after 12 passes at 120-150°...

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Quick question somewhat related....

Since this tank is 81% WMO, think that will save my engine from some damage since the mech fuel pump started pumping into the crankcase? I just caught it last night, but i dont know when it started....

wmoguy

Reaction score
Quick question somewhat related....

Since this tank is 81% WMO, think that will save my engine from some damage since the mech fuel pump started pumping into the crankcase? I just caught it last night, but i dont know when it started....

Well if it didn't destroy it maybe so. I sure as heck would not even start it until you get the problem fixed

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
It's fixed now. Had no choice except to drive it home last night.

The mech pump is still there, but unhooked. The lift pump is a Airtex E8012S solenoid type pump...frame mounted.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matrix37495
How did you figure out your fuel pump was doing that??
BTW - The oil I'm CFing is my own stuff, I'm making sure the setup works before I really start hunting for more.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
My truck leaks oil. So when it was magically overfull, and i didnt add oil, i knew something was wrong. This, and accounts from many others, pointed straight at the diaphragm in the fuel pump. Normally your oil would also smell like diesel, but for obvious reasons, that wasn't the case for me... :D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
It's fixed now. Had no choice except to drive it home last night.

The mech pump is still there, but unhooked. The lift pump is a Airtex E8012S solenoid type pump...frame mounted.

had a couple of them, i dotn think they are going to keep up with your engine when it gets cooler out. maybe it will work for you but its just a heads up.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Picked up 28 gallons of waste trans fluid today.

Also, my truck is seeming hard to start the last 3 starts (instead of the normal 5-7 sec glow and starting withing 2 revs, it taking a 10-12 sec glow and 3-5 secs cranking). It's been 60-72° all 3 times. Does this mean i need to adjust my mixture? What do i add more of?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle