Rim Compatibility

hjalbert

Reaction score
Will rims from a 2003 f-250 (16x8 8lug-6.5) fit my 1985 f-350? If not are there rims from other trucks that will? Thanks I have a warped rim and need to replace it, I figure may as well get nicer ones while I am at it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hjalbert said:
Will rims from a 2003 f-250 (16x8 8lug-6.5) fit my 1985 f-350? If not are there rims from other trucks that will? Thanks I have a warped rim and need to replace it, I figure may as well get nicer ones while I am at it.
a 2003 f-series rim is metric. no worky on the older trucks.
if you are talking about the e-series rims, now that's a different story. up until '99 is compatible. newer than that I have not proven that yet. perhaps someone else around here can put in their .02 into it.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Current Econoline 8 lug rims will fit no problem. They haven't been redesigned since 92, so they are still inch dimension. The Econoline wheels are exactly the same as 98 down F250 / F350.

F250 / F350 rims through 1998 will fit no problem. Keep in mind there were two factory sizes, 16 x 6.5 and 16 x 7. Which width depended on what tire size came from the factory.

If you just have one bent rim, there are places that can safely straighten aluminum wheels (I assume that is what you have). http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=aluminum+wheel+repair&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&x=wrt

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
has anyone had the centers of the H2 wheels machined out to fit our hubs? I know on the GM wheels the hub hole is too small. But what about the dodge wheels?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hummer wheels hmmmmmm. I could machine out the centers at work. I think I need to be looking for a set I like.... ;Sweet

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
F350camper said:
has anyone had the centers of the H2 wheels machined out to fit our hubs? I know on the GM wheels the hub hole is too small. But what about the dodge wheels?

I know the older Dodge wheels work. My spare is on a used Dodge steel rim. Only the older GM wheels had the center hole too small (sounds like a personal problem :eek: LOL ) but I don't know about the newer ones.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
icanfixall said:
Hummer wheels hmmmmmm. I could machine out the centers at work. I think I need to be looking for a set I like.... ;Sweet

Hmmm they really wouldnt look bad. I'd have to ditch the center caps, and maybe add 2" - 4" of lift, but this is starting to look like yet another way to spend some cash...

Attachments

• blizzardh2.JPG
    blizzardh2.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 33

Blossom

Reaction score
i made the switch last summer. Have a brand new E Series 05 rims on my 90. Bolted up nicely. Heard about a guy that machined the centers out of the hummer rims. You really need to check the hub measurements, cause the centers are definitely hubcentric. I started out desiring the new Chevy HD2500 rim, but the hubcentric stuff canned that idea.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online