rev limiter raised

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bones
How far do you want to turn the duramax , I would like to go to 3500 an think it will be ok, i have herd of guys going as high as 4500 and living, sorry can't help with the bully, I am not that familar with any of the tunners but am looking at the Quad 110 , don.t want to hurt the trans and I think he will set it at 3500 for me

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by bones
will the bully dog power pup raise the rev limit on the dmax and if so how much....any ideas

My programmer seems to shift up at 3200 RPM's

IIRc i did review it in the DMX accesories forum

bones

Reaction score
Originally posted by Geno
bones
How far do you want to turn the duramax , I would like to go to 3500 an think it will be ok, i have herd of guys going as high as 4500 and living, sorry can't help with the bully, I am not that familar with any of the tunners but am looking at the Quad 110 , don.t want to hurt the trans and I think he will set it at 3500 for me
i think 3500 is very safe my ideal revs would be about 4000,dont really need 4500 rpms but may try to get a custom xero tune from quad or bdog,whichever can or will do it

John Kennedy

Reaction score
The Quad 215 will let it sing past 4k. There's really no power to be gained up there, but having some overrun can be handy.

The 2001 will NOT rev up this high though...

Max Power

Reaction score
I would assume the biggest advantage to getting it to rev higher would be more top end?

Why will the 01 not rev that high?

PEANUTGRWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by John Kennedy
The Quad 215 will let it sing past 4k. There's really no power to be gained up there, but having some overrun can be handy.

The 2001 will NOT rev up this high though...

WHY WONT THE '01 MODEL REV THAT HIGH??? JUST CURIOUS:confused:

John Kennedy

Reaction score
You'll have to ask Quad that, but something in the tables changes when the engine warms up so it will rev up at certain mid ECT temperatures. Once up to temp, the 2001 will not rev past 3500 I believe.