Return line kit

tnmike55

Reaction score
After I install the return line kit what is the best way to get all the air out of the system? Crack each injector nut one at a time ? Uncertain about this. I've never done it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just crank it. Crank it for about 10 seconds or so, and then let it rest for 20 seconds, and then crank it again. It will work the air out of the lines by itself.

If you have had the fuel filter off, you can pre-fill that. Otherwise, just crank it.

tnmike55

Reaction score
Fuel filter is new so I'm good there. One cap is leaking badly and I'm sure it is making it hard to start. Thst and bad glow plugs. Type4 has a kit in its way. New Motorcraft gps in hand.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel taught me something about bleeding the hard lines at the 2009 rally. He has all the lines tight and cranks for bout 10 or 15 seconds. Then cracks each line just a bit loose and listens for the hiss of escaping air. you bet you can actually hear it.Do that several times cranking and bleeding till you see fuel beginning to show. ALWAYS tighten all lines when done or expect a huge mess on the top of the engine. Every injector does not have to have the air bled out. If you do the easy to reach injectors it will start and clean itself up shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726