Resistor pack... where?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Night Moose lost all his intermediate fan speeds, so I'm assuming something failed in the blower fan resistor pack. I know where to find it on the 80's trucks, but where is it located on a 94'? I looked and didn't see it. Anybody got a pic?

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel:
I just did one a couple of weeks ago on my son's 94 F150 I assume they're the same. I'm trying to remember, but it was pretty much where I expected it to be near or below the fan motor in the blower housing under the hood with two small hex head screws something like 5/16" size heads holding it in place. If I remember correctly (always dangerous when I try to remember things...) I think we pulled the A/C Dryer to get better access (ac was already discharged)
Hope that helps!
Todd

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it might be under the hood. The 80's version is under the dash. When I didn't see it there last night, I thought I'd ask. Because it was midnight and way past my bed time, I didn't try to look. :rolleyes:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the hood, a few inches to the driver-side of the blower motor. Watch out to not drop screws down on the fender, they like to disappear for all eternity if you still have the sound insulation there. Should't need to pull the drier out, just need skinny hands and long 1/4"-drive extensions.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Hopefully Matthias will look at it this weekend. That kid drove around for who knows how long without a fan at all, until I went to drive it and found a blown fuse. cookoo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is it at under the dash on the 80's trucks, Mel? I need to investigate mine also.

mR

Under the dash a bit to the passenger side. It's a brown or red fiberglass rectangle held to the plastic duct with 2 screws, and a 3 wire plug on it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 93 that only works on high. So, does the fan motor need to come out, or it is just under the hood by the blower?

I "repaired" a resistor pack that did the same thing. The guy brought it in and all the resistors looked good. But it had a thermal fuse mounted with the resistors and it was bad. It looks like a small metal cylinder. I have seen the same thing in coffee makers. I told him he might be able to just get that piece, but he wanted to just bypass it, so we did. None of the units on the older cars ever had them, but I do think if you looked hard enough, you could replace it.

zpd307

Reaction score
it is located just under the blower motor and off to the side. so no need to take the blower motor off.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Mel, don't forget to have Matthias check the switch and it's connector too.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

from a 93. Plug in the center just right of the fan motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online