Resistor pack... where?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. Can't get the hood open right now. It's got 18 inches of white stuff all over it. LOL

Yay! We get a white Christmas this year. ;Sweet

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yeah, we are due to get some snow here starting tommorow afternoon courtesy of that storm....I changed the oil in the IDI this afternoon, greased the old girl and put the plow on....Let'r come...LOL.....I could use the cash with xmas coming this week.:sly

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have missed something, but did you guys say that for the 80-86 trucks the resistor is inside the cab?

Both my 86 trucks have it at the under hood location.:confused:

I agree with the connector problem, but sometimes the springs - I mean - "resistors" can break off or get corroded on the fiberglass resistor pack itself.

The things are so crude, you could probably make a new one from scratch, let alone repair the original.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
now that i think about it, mel doesn't have air in the moose truck. i wonder if thats why his is in the cab?

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
My 85 doesn't have AC. Blower Resistor is under the hood.

Night Moose is a 93?

My 93 Blower Resistor is under the hood also

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 85 doesn't have AC. Blower Resistor is under the hood.

Night Moose is a 93?

My 93 Blower Resistor is under the hood also
Does your non-a/c '85 have a similar air box assembly to your '93 (I assume your '93 has a/c)?

My early '84 (built August '83) with factory a/c has the resistors under the hood, between the blower motor and the a/c evaporator (which IIRC is the same location that all a/c trucks had it up to '97). I don't know how long this lasted, but in '83 and '84 at the very least, the non-a/c trucks had a completely different air box assembly from the a/c trucks. For example, according to my shop manual, replacing the heater core on a non-a/c 1984 truck is a MUCH more involved process than the simple job on an a/c truck, and the heater cores are even different part numbers. I think the shape is a bit different, and the heater hose nipples come out at a different angle.

FWIW...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online