Research question

sootman73

Reaction score
i am able to get three E series vans. all diesels. one is a 7.3 idi and the other is a psd. they are cab chassis that used to be ambulances. i am wondering who would be interested in parts from these vehicles before i buy them. the idi is a 1990 and the psd is a 1995. there is another cab that is an '03. the engines dont run but the idi i believe wouldn't take much to run as it only has around 110,000 miles.

they have axle codes of E9 and E2. i think these are limitied slips? they are also dually capable but dont have to be used as duals. they also have big fuel tanks but i dont know how much or if they would fit under our trucks. i'll be geting them for scrap price. (oh and both have brand new rebuilt transmissions(e4od) and the fluid is like it was just poured in)

let me know if you would be interested in these parts.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
any axle code with a letter is a limited slip axle. E2 is 4:10 with limited slip. i dont know what the E9 is but its probably 3:55.

sootman73

Reaction score
okay then it sounds like a pretty good deal to get those limited slips. i couldn't find any axle code listings for e series thats why i was asking. couldn't find the "E" anywhere. oh and the psd supposedly has a new HPOP that cost around $800? full wiring harness minus computer.

thanks for your help and any more is welcome.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not interested, but from what I understand the older 7.3s DIs are still in demand since they have a minimum of emissions and are considered a reliable engine (for a powerstroke;Really)

dyoungen

Reaction score
If the "E9" rearend is a 3.55 can you put regular rims on it even though it's set up for duelly's?

sootman73

Reaction score
These are also ambulance specials and have GVWR's of 11,000lbs(idi) and 9900lbs(psd). so they have nice heavy springs in them!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is almost always a parts swap at the Rally. You will likely be able to get parts sold there.

Heath

sootman73

Reaction score
This may be a reoccuring trend of them giving us first dibs for these parts vans(all with diesels) as soon as they are ready to get rid of them.

Gimmie pics of the fuel tanks, please.

I will get you some pics but i dont have them in my possession and they are about an hour drive away. i will be getting them this weekend if all goes well.

There is almost always a parts swap at the Rally. You will likely be able to get parts sold there.

Heath

sounds good to me! i'll be sure to bring stuff with me then. thanks for your input guys.

mark7.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we will put pics on of our trucks loaded down with them hope thu or fri it goin to be a slow drive home with only a 3 speed in my truck.