Replacement 5 pin relays

CampulanceMan

Reaction score
When I turn the key in my '93 7.3 IDI when it's cold/cool outside, my horn blares non stop unless I pull the 5 pin relay that controls the horn out. I've been looking for a replacement for this relay and am having a hard time - either everything is used on eBay (which I would prefer to avoid) or the relays that I find are a completely different shape and has a different pin layout than my truck's. I've seen something about replacing these with Bosch relays, is that right? Can somebody please point me in the right direction? Part number 14B192-AA.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m not an aeronose expert, but I thought pre aero ford used 3 pin and aero it’s a standard 5 pin. Are you saying your terminals don’t look like this?
You must be registered for see images attach

CampulanceMan

Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m not an aeronose expert, but I thought pre aero ford used 3 pin and aero it’s a standard 5 pin. Are you saying your terminals don’t look like this?
You must be registered for see images attach
Other than being white plastic instead of black on the pin-side, that's what it looks like. Doesn't that line up with what you stated though? Because mine is an Aero so it is the 5 pin.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That's just a basic Bosch 5 pin relay design.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes to both of you, that’s why I asked to confirm, it’s a basic 5 pin Bosch relay you can get them anywhere really. It sounded like you couldn’t find it or not what you expected from your original post. If you are having trouble you can order it from rock auto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86