Replaced injectors, now have rough idle.

discbrks

Reaction score
Last weekend I replaced my E code injectors with delphi G codes. Now I have a rough idle. It almost has the same feeling as a gasser with a lopey cam. It goes away right off idle. I haven't cracked the injector lines yet to see if I have a bad one. I know the G codes are supposed to have a higher pop pressure, and I'm pretty sure I need to get the timing reset in order to be compatable with the higher pop pressure, but would timing alone cause the rough idle? Or is it more likely that I have a bad injector? Or do I need to turn up the fuel for the new injectors? (After injector install I have no black smoke at all - no matter how hard I stand in it.) I need to tow a tractor this weekend, so I need this fixed asap.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The timing is now off. The injectors pop open later now because of the higher pressure needed. That makes the motor run retarded instead of advanced. Get it timed or try advancing it yourself about the thickness of a dime. Thats good for about 2 degrees. Turn it towards the passenger fender to advance it.

discbrks

Reaction score
Great! I'll try it tonight. BTW, I advanced the timing (almost a year ago) about a dimes width with the old injectors. I guess I need to go another dime or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online