replaced #8 injector and still shaking

kevlandscape

Reaction score
Hey guys i ran a test on my truck and it said missfire on #8 inj so today i put a new one in its not hard at all it took me 2 1/2 hours... The truck runs better at idle but when i go between 45-55mph my truck has a shaking going on.. about a year ago my driveshaft fell out from the back so i put new ball joints in. but that did not fix it do i have to get the driveshaft redone .:hail ..the feeling is like that a tire in not balinced.. please help:confused:

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well have the tires checked, then if its the drive shaft is the one that fell out, u should have that checked aswell

kevlandscape

Reaction score
its an auto with 185000 on it i put a 6 in lift on it, had it on for like 4 months and did not like it. when i took the lift out is when it started to do this. any info????

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
is the whole truck shaking, od just the engine, steering wheel vibe

45-50 sounds like a tourque convertor shudder,
does the vibration occur under load, coasting, same rpm, or speed dependant, is it a motor issue, does it shake woth the engine off??
cant diagnose much more through the crystal ball.
Nick

kevlandscape

Reaction score
is the whole truck shaking, od just the engine, steering wheel vibe

45-50 sounds like a tourque convertor shudder,
does the vibration occur under load, coasting, same rpm, or speed dependant, is it a motor issue, does it shake woth the engine off??
cant diagnose much more through the crystal ball.
Nick

its more like under the truck and the steering :confused:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Bad carrier bearing? Bad U-joints? U-joints out of phase? Bent/out of balance drive shaft?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
IF you have a super cab or crew cab(you really need to fill out your signature at the bottom of the post) you have a two piece rear drive shaft and the carrier bearing is at the rear of the front shaft.

kevlandscape

Reaction score
Hey guys! well yesterday i took the truck to a driveshaft shop and he found out that it was bent. when the driveshaft falls out you HAVE to get it re-blanced , so come to find out the it was all messed up. after he redid it it now drives like a dream!!!! Thx alot guys for your help! I am glad I found this site!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel