Remember the Phoenix

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
That was the 83 6.9 I purchased quite a while back that I sold to a member on STD that never came and picked her up...

Well got a call today out the blue from a fellow IDI'er that I know from the area (worked with his wife at my last place of employment) well the story is long but here is a recap...

I purchased truck from a friend of a friend - in sad shape - was going to part it out or... ended up selling it - guy comes pays money - I hand over title he says he will be back to pick it up later - later never comes - two years or so pass I keep calling and leaving messages / emailing and such - no response...

Truck sits at buddies place for too long - buddy says get it out of here or I will... I have no place to keep truck at house so I says do what you want it's not mine...

Another member here says (I'll take it and we can part it out)... I says if it's still around - go up to buddies lot can't find truck... he got rid of it...

Well it turns out that friend of a friend thing (ex-coworkers husband) got the truck - he was the hauler... well he calls me asking me if I want any parts off the truck because he has stripped everything everything concerning the engine and trans... He tells me that while it sat up at buddies lot someone was taking parts quite frequently and there wasn't much left when he got the call to haul it away a year or so back... (hee hee I took one valve cover if you remember that fiasco)...

So this afternoon she took her final ride to the scrap yard. But the tranny is still alive and kicking - it's in his truck - he broke the bellhousing on his and swapped the T-19's out earlier this week. I gathered from talking to him that the remains of the engine are sitting in his garage so he will have spare parts for his 6.9...

So this ends the Phoenix all together....

I guess I am an IDI killer after all - two of them died under my rule... :eek:

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Shoulda sold it again, lol.

I wanna know what happen to the guy that paid for it then never picked it up. Sounds really strange to me. You'd think he'd come and get his money back if he decided he didn't want it.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
yaric008 said:
Shoulda sold it again, lol.

I wanna know what happen to the guy that paid for it then never picked it up. Sounds really strange to me. You'd think he'd come and get his money back if he decided he didn't want it.

Well, he received the title from Travis and it was basically an abandoned vehicle, so....?? Maybe something happened to the guy and the family didn't know anything about the truck.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
MURDERER!!!!!!I might be blowing the Enterprise up at the rally with too much drugs just to put a whooping on ya!Anyone bringing a trailer to help haul me back to Gadsden?hmmmm,wonder what the max output at the rears would be with a stock bottom end?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
argve said:
So this ends the Phoenix all together....

I guess I am an IDI killer after all - two of them died under my rule... :eek:
if that's the case...my soul should be headed straight to IDI hell...:eek:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
troutwest66 said:
Well, he received the title from Travis and it was basically an abandoned vehicle, so....?? Maybe something happened to the guy and the family didn't know anything about the truck.

That'll be very sad, I just hope the guy lost interest? :confused:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Travis..... Tell us what happened to the Enterprise valve cover that got lost in your garage..... :rotflmao

Freight_Train

Reaction score
well,upon further review you only killed ONE.The Enterprise didn't die.It just spent the last year and 4 months in ICU/Lifesupport.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
For the benefit of the newcomers, you should retell the story of the one that dies in the intersection with parts all over the place.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
hmmm,was that the one where something was bouncing up under the truck knocking dents in the floor pan?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Michael - ah yess that was quite the experience...

Here we are toodling along minding our own business when we hear a knocking - I rolled down the window to better hear it and noticed a ragged looking mecury capri or mustang in the left hand lane and said yep that's where it's coming from but Sherri rolls down her window and sort of sticks her head out then says - no it's coming from us (me goes :confused: cookoo nah it's that POS there) she says No it's US!... So I listen again and think maybe she's right...

So as we are sitting at the stop light in heavy traffic I think well we're only a mile or so from the apt so I'll check it out there. We start to pull away and get half way through the intersection when all of a sudden I hear a big WOOSH and SPLASH then the engine just stops with a sudden force and then comes the worst sound ever... I hear parts of the engine hit the pavement and bounce back up hitting the floor board and underside of the truck all the way across the intersection. Well I force my way over to the other lane and pull into Pizza hut and coast to a parking spot...

The worst is yet to come...

Then as I jump out of the truck and take a very quick peek under the hood I realize that I'm done for... There is oil and coolant all over the place - no need to check any further because it's a lost cause at this point so I poke my head back in the truck to give the report and my wonderful very lucky son at this point pipes up with....

"Daddy is your truck broke AGAIN!"

He has no clue how close he came to dieing that day - it took all I could not to come up over that seat... Sherri was smart enough to snatch him up before I moved... Little begger - I'll get mine some day... you just wait...

Anyhoo - 6 months later we installed a replacement long block from an engine remanufacturer and were back on the road... What happened was I dropped a valve and it tore out the side of the block when the rod folded in half - it pretty much destroyed everything in that cylinder. The only thing that was any good was the head - which just so happen to be the heads that are on The E today if Freight Train has not swapped them since I shipped it down his way...

Btw that was not the first time I killed an IDI engine in her...

Freight_Train

Reaction score
nah,same heads....actually,The truck is exactly the way you shipped it to me...minus the snow in the bed....Not sure where it went but it has been gone for about a year and 2 months now...When I say everything I mean the pile of parts,in the back seat the box of gears and bolts in the front floor board,etc.Only thing that has changed is I rigged the fuel pump to work(something got cut when you remove the trailer brake),kinda donated the K&N recharge kit to the team but have another new in box kit,put the heads from the bed in the back seat,all the books and papers are in the house and the paint got stolen from the shop......oh well,I don't like that paint anyway but would have been nice to have it for the Patriot Missile.