Rejuvenation of my 1994 F-250

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
I'm going to use this thread to document the rejuvenation of my truck. Share what I learn. I've built several cars, trucks, and a Harley or two over the years.:Whatever: My wife told me no more riding...."find a new hobby" :rotflmao Humm.. OK:sly I've always want to document a build, I'm got the time now, so here we go. :)

1. THE TRUCK. A 1994 F-250; 4x4; Supercab; factory turbo IDI 7.3; E4OD; 4.10s. I picked it up pretty cheap, Full fluid flush(trans, transfer case front & rear diffs, coolant, brake, power steering) and filter change.
You must be registered for see images attach

I replaced the rear yoke and few u joints. I've tried to research as much about the my truck as I could. For lack of a build sheet, this is what I found by deciphering the VIN.
Code Description
F2THA NOT DEFINED
AAAAD XLT VERSION
AAGAJ KANSAS CITY PLANT BUILD
AALAA WITHOUT SPECIAL EQUIPMENT PACKAGE
AAMAB CONVENIENCE GROUP
ABFAH WITH OFF ROAD APPEARANCE PACK
ABKAB POWER EQUIPMENT GROUP
AC0B0 MANUAL AIR CONDITIONER
BHEAB WITH NOISE INSULATION PACK
BLDAB CHROME-PLATED
BMLAE LOWER B/S MLDG
BSDAJ DRIVER LOW MOUNT BRIGHT MIRROR
BSFAK PASS LO-MNT BRIGHT MIR CONVEX
BWDAB SEAT MATERIAL-REAR CLOTH
B3AAB WITH RH 2ND ROW FLIP OPEN WINDOW
B3CAB WITH RH 3RD ROW FIXED WINDOW
B3HAB WITH MANUAL OPEN REAR WINDOW (FLIP)
B3HAD SLIDING REAR WINDOW
CJDAB WITH BODY TU-TONE PAINT
CLMAE REAR BUMPER-STEEL STEP-CHROMED
CLVAB FRT LICENSE PLATE BRKT/HOLDER
C1CAE TRAILER TOW HEAVY DUTY
DAAAD WITH SUPER ENGINE COOLING SYSTEM
DEBAF IMMERSION HEATER-ENGINE
DWCAB WITH HANDLING PACKAGE
D3JUE LT235/85R-16E BSW A-T TYRES
D3MAD CONVENTIONAL SPARE TIRE
D5AAH WITH SPORT WHEEL COVER
EGAMD 4.10
EGJAB NON-LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE
EGLAB FORD/VISTEON AXLE VENDOR
EJAJF 6250 LB(2834 KG) REAR AXLE ASY
EJ1AB DECAL-4X4 PICKUP BOX
EM0B0 49 STATE/FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS
FMLAB MAN TRANSFER CASE AND MAN HUBS
FMNAB SKID PLATES
GBCAB WITH AUXILIARY FUEL TANK
GRAAC TILT STEERING WHEEL
GTDAB SPEED CONTROL
HGAAB TACHOMETER
IBAAG ELECT AM/FM/STEREO/CASSETTE/CLOCK
JCBAB AMBIENT LIGHTING
PNLAA MEDIUM ROYAL BLUE
PNYCE LIGHT OPAL
TR0DE 4 SPD AUTO TR-NAAO E4OD(4R100)
000YD MEDIUM OPAL GREY

I'm going to try the thread clean, and I will edit my prior post to reflect anything new or that I've added etc...

Last edited:

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
First things first, CLEANING

The interior was, well not there. The PO has stripped the carpet and had an asphalt mat, W.T.F. over?!?! I stripped the interior...

Then stripped and washed the floor pans

Sanded, wired wheeled, then Line-X all exposed metal. It's been 3 weeks, and all of the crap is off my skin now...:mad:

Attachments

• IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
Cracked radiator support

I had to use a cheap flux core welder, The truck doesn't fit in the shop, so no REAL MIG or TIG (I've got to rearrange some table lifts and bikes) This will due for now, it's going to be replaced later, more on the in a few weeks.

Last edited:

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
Some Saturday bodywork.

I went outside this morning, warming up the truck, I look down and see a large crack...Filler, rust, and Fillered over rust. I knew the truck needed body work, I took my little spring punch and got a nice chip

WoW... So my trip to farmer supply was delayed. I wanted to see "how deep the rabbit hole goes" Sorry I didn't take any pictures at first, after I realized the rabbit hole is pretty deep...

So a few cups of coffee... Me, a drill, various wire wheels, sandpaper and a few hours later...

NEVER MIND OLD FAT GUY

Needless to say, I've ordered some body panels, I'll have some cutting and welding to do...;Sweet

Last edited:

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They might have spent more on body filler than they would have buying a new cab corner.

Glad to see that you are getting things fixed up the right way.

Now, tell us how you think that core support got broken in 2.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the OB.

Looks like your gonna have a lot of fun. Hey, it'll keep you out of the bars :D and the rocking chair. 1:00 AM , bed time for me now.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always good to see someone reviving trucks like ours. You have a really good truck with the year and motor you have. Its definitely worthy of the time and attention. I'll be watching this thread for sure!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, tell us how you think that core support got broken in 2.
stress fractures.
not uncommon whatsoever on trucks that have been wheeled/worked hard.
f450's will tear up that and more. cab replacement is a must due to welds being pulled apart by 500k-600k/mi.
my '92 at 310k current is starting to make the famous "creeking" sounds telling me things are really starting to come apart.
OBS trucks are especially prone for the noises due to the cab reinforcements added for the addition of airbags in the smaller F150's and 250's

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Enjoy. I have more fun working on my junk than I do driving it. I guess there are worse hobbies.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It is an enjoyable hobby. If I didn't try to spread my self so thin, I'd be able to get mine fixed up faster than I am. I think we all have fun with this stuff or we wouldn't do it right? Good luck.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Whoa, looking good! Talk about digging right in! Definitely time to remedy the many issues you're finding there. POs have a way of leaving some surprises for you, no matter what.

Keep the pics coming! ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... Thats some thick body puddy there.. Absolutely no good reason for building it that thick unless your trying to hide something big.. Glad your having fun digging into this project too. The feeling of "fixing" something right and hearing it run or looking at a well done job is priceless. Good to know you have a wanted fathers day gift waiting for you too. Thats a daughter worth caring about. So many young daughters today around the 15 going on 21 age are imbarrassed around their parents. I remember one day picking up our daughter from school and took ahold of her hand like I do and we walked to the truck. She was 14 at the time.. Well her "friends" really teased her about that and asked me not to do that again. Well I respected her request but I told her those were not her friends and they probably never have had a dad in their lives and were jelous of her. We never had an issue again if I took her hand in mine as we walked anywhere. Good parents raise good children that become good parents.

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
Got a wee bit side tracked...HEADACHE RACK

I had every intention to install my new downpipe...
(PS I have an extra now too, PM if you're interested)

Went in the garage and... well 2 hours later (+ 1 cranky MIG, 1 80ft gas bottler on fumes :mad:) emerged with this...

It was hot as hell here today, about 95! -Drool I've got MS and the heat absolutely KILLS me now, my hands weren't too steady, vision sucks :Whatever: it didn't help my welding any. I didn't clean up the welds much, just a quick brush. I've got a few more hours of work on it in the AM. It should be done and mounted w/ some LEDs and 2 halogen bullets, and a mount for my amber light bar but the afternoon.

I'm just going to pre answer the questions I see forth coming :D
What the hell is it? A headache rack
Whats it made out from? 2"x2"x1/4" square tubing
What angle did you cut the corners? 15 degrees

Last edited:

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
Set back today

Headache rack status:I didn't get the rack done today, got a call from my old "battle buddy":fight:. I got him calmed down, he's good now. That killed 10 hours from my day. I did get the welds ground down and the vertical bars welded in. I can't find metal grate ANYWHERE within 50 miles. Lowes did has some, but it was thin and only can in 12"x24.

Drivers side cab panel:Well as ya'll can see in post #3, the damage is pretty bad. The cab corner I ordered fits nice, but I need taller. The whole skin (roof 2 rocker) is available from LMC, but it's well over $1000. What to do? I was thinking about how I can do this...:frustrate Then it came to me, I have a spare door. The body lines are the same, I cut from right above the top body line down the the bottom of the door. It just cost me a $30 door. Between that and the cab corner I have, I'll have a repaired truck.

I'll post pictures of my progress on Sunday. I'm going to hit the rack hard and heavy in the AM after church.:angel: