Reg cab to ext or crew?

4 tone f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 85 6.9 4x4 but I want ext cab or crew but wouldn't change a thing other than that week maybe a turbo or 7.3 swap but for now I just want more cab does anyone know if I can just switch cabs and beds or even if I can throw my running gear (front axle and lift gear) under a ext/crew cab? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question but I'm kinda new at this and haven't been able to find anything on the subject

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your truck is a reg cab long bed you would have to find a supercab short bed. I don't know when Ford started making supercab short beds but I know for sure they made them in '97. I'm pretty sure a crew cab anything would be too long for your wheel base. Would a 92-97 body style bolt onto your frame? Probably but I don't know for sure.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the frames on the single cabs kick up sooner than the extended and crew cabs. so you either have to run a big body lift or channel the rear floor if you wanna swap a longer cab. plus if you wanna swap body styles the wiring,dash and some other annoying stuff wont line up.

i would really look for the truck you want and swap the good parts of your old truck onto the new truck and sell the old truck with the crappy parts off the new one.

4 tone f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for all the input guys I think I will just find another truck and swap parts into it does anyone know if a 94 xcab will take the lift parts and maybe front axle off my 85 reg cab? I really like my beefy solid axle

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in 93 the 4x4 frames changed in the front. the widths and body mount locations in front of the doors stayed the same though. so it will swap but you might have to rotate some brackets or drill some holes in the later model frame. have a look behind the factory bumper right at the front of the later model frames. it's shapped like an accordion. this makes mounting stuff kinda hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online