Red is the best....

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
You know why they paint John Deeres green????? So that when they break down they can hide in the grass when a Case IH goes by.......:D LOL ...If you work on JDs you definatly have job security.....:D LOL

GSXRTURBOQUAD

Reaction score
:D I have to agree. We don't own any of those Green ********! Case IH are nice, but MF aren't bad either. Just bought an MF Orchard model with a spray approved cab, NICE!:D

bones

Reaction score
i have allis amd mf and ago and new holland but lately have bought all green that is until this new 8020 series came out with the high pressure rail.it is pure phuckin junk,but i do have a case cotton picker that rocks and just bought a used 7130 that seems to be pretty decent

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut my eye teeth on the seat of a red machine. We had an IH 560 deisel and numerous model "M" and Super M's around the yard. An old model "A" still graces the place as a lawn mower. There were 300's and 400's around there as well. I've got my great grandgathers F20 completely restored and it comes out for parades once in a while. I put more hours on a Case 1470 than I care to remember and then we moved up to a Versatile 875. The only green thing on the place was an old two lunger JD model 80. I will say it was a good machine. My only hang up with green is that it will run you nearly twice as much to purchase new and do maintainance on.

GSXRTURBOQUAD

Reaction score
My brother just bought an old 2+2 International 3588. It has the DT466 engine. We plan on restoring it in the next 12 months. Just bought new rubber yesterday, not cheap!:cool

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot about the 1066,1086 and 1486 too, those things were screamers to sit ontop of all day long at 26-2800 RPM out of the inline six,I beleive the 10's were the DT 414 and the 14 was the DT 436, the 86 series cabs were better than the 66 series for sure. I do remember a couple of neighbors who ran the 2+2's as well. Goofy assed ardvaark looking things.

Mike

FordKong

Reaction score
You guys are nuts on Our farm we have tryed that red Junk all it did was cost more money to fix than it was worth. WE now have 2, 9400 that never give any troble bolth have over 6500hr 1, 9520 good tractor after it got turned up. also have 2 4995 swathers best we have ever owned. Also have 2, 8100 and a 8410 also never give any trouble the 8410 have over 4500hr's on her. and have a 2750 that has over 12500hr on it and never done nothing to the block, we also have a 4240 it will give you more that it has every time you drive it. we just got 2 new 7500 choppers been good for this oats seasion. i have know Idea why you think green is bad were in custom farming and it's all i'll ever own. you can have all that red crap!!!! I will say thing case junk is good if your going to put some dumb ******* in it. they are the most ruff rideing tractor I have ever drove and gutless from hell to but the way i look at it if you don't have to drive it why get the best when you can have red junk for your workers

GSXRTURBOQUAD

Reaction score
:D crappy,CA? Is that near Modesto? As far as the Deere's, the biggest problem around here is getting parts and maintance. Waiting 3 days for parts is pretty bad during chopping season. I'm seeing alot more Klass choppers around here lately. I also hear the J.D. choppers are really affordable right now. Hmmmmm, I wonder why?LOL

FordKong

Reaction score
cheep? 285k is cheep well ok then i'm from hilmar and I deal with ranchers tractor in merced just about have all the parts every time. and if they don't. they give us a new one off the lot. and the only resion your seeing a lot of class chopers is they have a hell of a lease option going on right now no one else is doing it we were going to lease one.

Nick

GSXRTURBOQUAD

Reaction score
Oh, Hilmar? We probably have alot of mutal friends;). Most of my friends call Hilmar, Portugee town, not that there's anything wrong with Portugeese(my wife is one:love: ). Well, hell, at least you drive a FORD!:angel: . I see your sig says it smokes alot? What have you done to it?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to live right up the road from you two guys. I wised up and LEFT the LEFT coast. Born and raised in Lodi.

Mike

GSXRTURBOQUAD

Reaction score
Hey Mike, sorry you moved, but your probably better off getting as far away from California as possible, dam liberals are screwing up everything!:mad:

jvanwaardhuizen

Reaction score
2+2

I grew up in the cab of a 3588 2+2, we used that tractor for everything. it logged three times the hours in comparison to the other big one (an AC 7060) they are goofy looking but they are nearly unstoppable!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online