Red is the best....

GSXRTURBOQUAD

Reaction score
2+2

Thats good to here! We haven't had the chance to use ours yet. We're going to fix the AC and repaint it first. We're putting Duals all the way around(18.4's).:D

jvanwaardhuizen

Reaction score
2+2

it is not a good idea to put duals on a 2+2, they weren't designed for them and the duals will cause drivetrain problems especially if you turn it up! Back home guys dualed them up all the way around and turning them up and destroyed axles and transmissions very frequently. they really don't pull all that much better w/duals anyways. We never dualed ours and other than a couple of clutches and a TA, we had no problems.

GSXRTURBOQUAD

Reaction score
Re: 2+2

Originally posted by jvanwaardhuizen
it is not a good idea to put duals on a 2+2, they weren't designed for them and the duals will cause drivetrain problems especially if you turn it up! Back home guys dualed them up all the way around and turning them up and destroyed axles and transmissions very frequently. they really don't pull all that much better w/duals anyways. We never dualed ours and other than a couple of clutches and a TA, we had no problems.
Thanks for the advice, but it's too late. We already bought the rubber. Besides, it depends a little on the soil(ours is quite sandy) and what your going to use it for(probably just straight ripping, 7 shank 30 inches). You wouldn't happen know where I can find a couple of front hubs for the front, would you? Here in Calif, there hard to find. :thanks:

FordKong

Reaction score
Yeah I know where you might be able to get them even a good price on some use tires with over 85% still on them Kern County Tractor parts 1-800-360-8529 or www.kerncountytractor.com if they don't have it let me know I know a few more places than might for ya.

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Red is Best...

We started out with Case 600, and 700...That was before me, and we had a Case 930..great tractor unstoppable....We also had a Case Combine, and many New Holland ones...Now we have a Case 1370 Agri King turned up to about 190hp..12,000+ hours....a CaseIH 7230 turned up to about 240hp..3000+ hours....a CaseIH 7240 turned up to about 275hp..3000+ hours..All are great and the magnums are virtually problem free.We also have a CaseIH 2188 Combine with a 30ft flexible platform, and a 8 row cornhead(its been turned up too,about 300hp now)...3000+hours.We just bought a CaseIH 1200 12/23 ASM Planter with bulk fill and liquid fertilizer...Oh yeah I can't forget our pride and joy.....a 1948 Case VAC....
Those 2+2s were kind of goofy lookin, but I heard they were kind of reliable...
Our next big tractor will be a Quadtrac, and our next combine will be a AFX 8010 with a 12 row corn head, and a 36ft flexible platform.....

FordKong

Reaction score
them stx used to be good here in ca I bet you did not know they detuned them and now there dogs just like the deere detuned thers I herd if they smoke at all have to be tuned to not what a bunch of crap.

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Detuned?????

That must only be in California, because they aren't here.....We have guys pulling multiple pans behind them in the constuction buisness......In Ag they are pulling some pretty big rippers and stuff too.....:D :eek:

FordKong

Reaction score
Were pulling a 7 shank willcox ripper behind our 9520 jd and the other 9520 is pulling 3 18 yard reynolds scraper. and bolth have TS box's on them

ndurbin

Reaction score
You guys know why they paint Case's red? So they can match the barn while the John Deeres go out and do all the work. Course that green paint automatically adds $5000 to the price tag.

Each brand has good tractors and bad ones. But I caint knock JD too much. My Grandpa was a dealer for about 20-25 years.

Nathan

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Cases Red????

As for why they paint John Deeres green see the very first post above...........;p .....Green paint adds $5000....Hmmmm... Well that proves that there are idiots that will pay more for less.....;p :D :eek:

Last edited:

house

Reaction score
I am a green and red man , I like both
Modesto Ca is along way from me, almost went there once my dad sold a milk tank out there and luckily they gpt a truck to come and get it, and we didnt have to deliver!

GSXRTURBOQUAD

Reaction score
Milk Tank? What brand? Ours is a piece of **** Dairy Cool. Hey Ford Kong, do you ever enter the PULLS? Hilmar is having one on Friday night. I'm thinking about it, but I heard that they are not allowing any Diesels that smoke excessively(California Air Resourse ********, dam tree huggers!). I'm a member of the Valley Tractor Pullers Assocation, I'll be there even if I don't Pull. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online