Rebuilding Injectors?

DieselSacPacker

Reaction score
Instead of sending in core injectors and buying remans or new, how can i rebuild them myself?? I know a pop tester is needed, but as far as shims and nozzles etc, where can i buy them?

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can't buy shims. you have to get them out of other injectors. I think it's possible to get nozzles though.

I have some injectors, if I get inspired I'll take them apart and take a mic to the shims, then hit up alibaba. I'll bet you we could buy them for next to nothing by the thousand straight outta china

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly I have no idea where to buy injector parts. Many have tried but failed. Best of luck finding parts. After about 5000 miles of run time the springs have taken a set. They usually drop some pop pressure so we tend to shim them and pop test them. Its a simple but long job too. Its not a job many want to do.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha "I don't know what this piece is" how useful :D

in any case, shims come from china, they are all over alibaba. It's not rocket surgery

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
haha "I don't know what this piece is" how useful :D

in any case, shims come from china, they are all over alibaba. It's not rocket surgery

Sadly I don't know everything.. But I know alittle about a lot of things.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly I don't know everything.. But I know alittle about a lot of things.

Oh yeah, I'm in the same boat. A little of everything. I just thought it was funny.

Seriously though, really seriously, there's a grip of companies in china who do nothing but make shims

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats what I thought you meant with your post. I was not taking any offence to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online