Rebirth of a 1990 F250.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Alright, this will be my official restoration thread of the 1990 F250, where I will update with info and pictures along the way of progress. Spring has sprung :sly

Heres the run down for now. Truck was retired April 24th 2010 do to rust. Still mechanically running great, all original 568k km (377k miles).

This is it's last day on the road, I drove out here just to take pictures, as I wanna use these for my album once it's gonna be done, to use as a "before" pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

Currently looking like this

This is the trucks original color, pic was taken in the late 90's. It will basiclly look like this all finished. It will be restored to all original specs, right down to the tire size and dog dish hubcaps :D

The blue box you see sitting on it is my rust free northern box for it, and I have a florida cab for it. I am still missing a couple odd parts, but those will come along later on. Those are the dog dish hubcaps, tall/narrow non A/C rad support, and Radiator, and gray color keyed vinyl flooring.

Heres the cab, it's a 1991 F150 XLT cab, witch will be turned into a super basic Custom cab.

-----------------------

Last weekend (April 21st-22nd) we restored our trailer we bought in Florida to bring the cab up here, we will need this trailer to transport the body parts to paint shop, and to get Line-Xed underneath and frame to get sand blasted and also Line Xed.

Heres a quick shot of that. Fresh blue rust paint, all new lights and a clean wiring job, wood and bearings!

I will have a update this weekend, I am currently making a home made hoist to lift the cab up, to back the trailer up under it, and drop it on it. I also had some big steel plates bend perfectly to fit around the roof where the door closes to lift the cab up without damaging or denting anything.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is going on with the truck in the pic towing the trailer???? it looks like the bed is too short and off to the side???

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that short box on the long frame is kinda cool and leaves a few ideas as for options! :) I will leave it at that as I may just have to do something like this...

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I plan on building a custom made chrome diamond plate tool box in that gap, and the sides will be bend and molded to follow the body lines of the truck.

Or if someone was to do this on a diesel truck, that is used to tow all the time, be room for one heck of a fuel tank!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that short box on the long frame is kinda cool and leaves a few ideas as for options! :) I will leave it at that as I may just have to do something like this...

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
The gap is exactly 17".

Only thing I had to do to make this work, was drop the front tank 2" and drill 2 new holes in the frame.

To drop the tank, I cut 2 short pieces of 2x4, and stuck 'em on top of the tank, under the cross members, and tighten the straps. Worked great! And drill 2 new holes for the 2 front bolts.

The 4 back bolts are at the same as the long box.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Yes a long box is 8ft, and short box 6ft.

More pics from today.

I tell ya the neighbors love me :D

Chain hoist.

The plates I had bend to wrap around the roof of the cab to lift it up.

Tomorrow morning, i'm heading to a good welding shop, to have all these screw holes spot welded. I do have a welder, and have welded, but I ain't the best, I want 0 mistakes done, so I'm gonna have it done by someone pro.

Getting ready to lift off.

In flight :D

All strapped in, and ready to roll tomorrow morning (April 28th 2012).

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neighbors are over rated!

Pretty serious lifting jigs on the cab!

Now put your "A" frame in the street and let the neighbor kids climb it and swing around on the chains.... they'll love you for it! :love: Eh! Parents not so much.LOL

Kewl watching this come together.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
And best of all, the structure was free :D was just a bunch of old wood I had in the yard, and the steel pole was suppose to be used for our cloths line in the backyard to replace the 6x6 I have right now, but didn't get around to do it yet, so perfect for this.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Boy all these turds gettin polished up around here lately...*looks at diesel* im slackin! Lookin good so far. How much ya think this lil exspendature is gunna set ya back? Just gettin a rough idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01