Rear window "creep" on a CC

pafixitman

Reaction score
I have had a problem w/ my rear door windows dropping over time. I always thought it was the little heads, but have been told it is a fact of life. Is it? Is there anything I can replace, refresh, upgrade to keep the rear door windows closed tight? Also, has anyone actually converted the crank windows to power? I did a search on drama stop :idiot: last night and did not find anything of value. :Whatever: Can I just add motors, power and switches? Is it that "easy"?

BTW-Mileage sucks after adding a turbo! ;burnout :rotflmao ;Sweet :thumbsup:

SIKPUP

Reaction score
My rear windows creep too, they have always done that since it was new. So they all must do it !

My mileage got better after I smoked the clutch (now being careful) :rotflmao

Mike

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Joe, which way is the handle of the window crank when the window is closed? Is it possible that the weight along with the normal vibrations of the truck make the handle "bounce" causing the window to lower? Maybe remove the handle and position it so the weight of the knob "bouncing" closes the window? Just a uneducated guess here. Russ

Exekiel69

Reaction score
That is wath I did on mine, but it only did it every month or two. You can also get the control from an explorer 90-94 and use it on your door. I do not remember well but I think it looks the same.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Russ,
You may be on to something. I'll check the "closed" position tomorrow.

EZ,
Do you mean the motors from the Explorer will work on the rear doors?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. First I've heard of this. Lady Moose keeps her windows up just fine. Probably the turbo whistle is vibrating the glass now. :Sly LOL

pafixitman

Reaction score
I talked to goatboy about it over a year ago. Russ may have something. IIRC, the handles in the closed position are somewhere around 10 or 2.

I used to get really mad w/ Doug about it. I though he was always playing with the window - he sits on the pass side. With out thinking I always reach back and close the driver side.

I would like to convert them to power, install switches in the doors and center console along w/ an override switch.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GRuss said:
Joe, which way is the handle of the window crank when the window is closed? Is it possible that the weight along with the normal vibrations of the truck make the handle "bounce" causing the window to lower? Maybe remove the handle and position it so the weight of the knob "bouncing" closes the window? Just a uneducated guess here. Russ

My truck does it too... was thinking about repositioning the handle as you mentioned.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
I talked to goatboy about it over a year ago. Russ may have something. IIRC, the handles in the closed position are somewhere around 10 or 2.

I used to get really mad w/ Doug about it. I though he was always playing with the window - he sits on the pass side. With out thinking I always reach back and close the driver side.

I would like to convert them to power, install switches in the doors and center console along w/ an override switch.

My experience is that if the handles are in the 2:00 position you'll snag everything on them. EVERY DAY, I snag my jacket on my handles when putting the kids in their car seats. Weekend project number 1 is to make the closed position at 6:00.

Mike

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Just let me know if it works. Window cranks have always been one of my pet peeves. I like them to be in the same location when the windows are closed/open. I guess its the car show guy in me.

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
MY 1994 did this since day one! It annoyed me so much that I got all the stuff out of a 1996 crew cab wreck to do full power windows. just not the actual ambition to put them in.

You will need the drivers door panel with the provisions for 4 switches and a window lock, the wiring harnesses, motors and regulators, and switches that go in the same holes that the window cranks used to occupy. I WILL warn you that if any one of decent stature sits in the back seat they will hit the window switch with there knees and blame the driver for rolling there windows down.

but i got a smoken deal all the above listed parts for $450

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Dualie said:
I WILL warn you that if any one of decent stature sits in the back seat they will hit the window switch with there knees and blame the driver for rolling there windows down.

with your height
I say go for it Joe :D , your son will not be as tall as you for say... 5-6 more years? by that time he'll have his own IDI. and is hard to believe he'll fit on the back either.

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine have never come down on their own. It is weird that Ford didn't put power in the back. Go figure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online