Rear Spring Hangers

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I discovered today that my 91 F250 needs a LR spring hanger, shackle end as usual is rusted out:rolleyes: . Would the same hanger from my 96 F350 2wd parts truck fit?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You could do that. But that part is pretty cheap from the ford dealer. I would get a new one and save yourself some hassles.:D

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I don't know what parts are like at the US dealers but that part at my local dealer is $150cdn plus taxes just for one hanger.cookoo ....I bought 2 last year for my 96 at dealer cost through a buddy, $150 for a pair for an F150 4x4....The ones on my F350 are ok, I also have a 97 E350, they look mint and they look like they might fit too....Easy work with a torch.:D

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones off of your F350 and that E350 should both fit, just make sure the spring width matches(should all be 3") and you're good to go.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I remember the parts guy saying it was going to cost me close to $350 for a pair with taxes for my 4x4. The 2wd 1/2 ton hangers are 1/2 the price of the 4x4 and larger truck hangers....I got my buddy to buy them for me at his cost, still cost me $150 with taxes. The ones on my van are mint, the F350 hangers are ok too. It's wierd, the RR hanger is perfect but the LR has rusted out....MVI is due next month so I have to fix it. Any one remember what size bolts I'll need?...My memory is good, but it's short....:D

sassyrel

Reaction score
hopefully your original bolts are ok--why?? because if you look at the bolts---if you look at where it contacts on the ends of the hanger--the dia is large--the center of the bolt is smaller--why that good??---because the all same dia from end to end is what they used years ago--and the center portion would rust in the center of the bushing---the varied dia normally wouldnt--and is just as strong--as the pressure is on the ends--and normally a few raps of the impact wrench will crack them loose--

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I don't know what parts are like at the US dealers but that part at my local dealer is $150cdn plus taxes just for one hanger.cookoo ....I bought 2 last year for my 96 at dealer cost through a buddy, $150 for a pair for an F150 4x4....The ones on my F350 are ok, I also have a 97 E350, they look mint and they look like they might fit too....Easy work with a torch.:D

OUCH! That's expensive. Grab the torch and wack the parts from the parts truck.:D

Bolts use 7/16"x1" grade 8.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online