rear lift options?

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1983 F250 6.9 IDI. Looking to lift the rear maybe one or two inches to compensate for a constant 2'300 lbs load in the bed. Not looking to spending a lot of money. I thought about adding Monroe load adjusting shocks but apparently they are only good for 1,200lbs. I just want it to look level when loaded and not sag at the rear.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy the air bags tht you pump up from each side not switch controlled an there only like 200.

jasonhughes

Reaction score
Summit had them awhile back. Not sure if they still do believe they were helper air spring kits rated to 5k lbs or something like that

Id go get some more leaves to throw in the back though if it were me. Or get them re arched. But that won't last forever

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air bags would work good, as long as you get the system leak free you could just set em and check every time you check tire pressure.
Blocks wouldn't be a bad way to go either; these trucks take about 2000 pounds in the bed to actually ride half-way decent.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
use 1ton blocks.. a little taller.. add a leafs are OK. the add-a-overload sucks. makes it rough all the time.

air bags are great and help sway as long as you keep them plumbed separately