Turbo options

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
And I assume you just have a factory ats wastegated setup, no intercooler? I'm finding several options available for turbos and coolers, but I think a stock turbo w/wastegate no intercooler is all I need.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
4.10 in the turbo RV. It gets about 8.5-9mpg when pulling a small fiberglass box trailer. Roughly 0.5mpg better without the trailer.

3.55 in the NA F250. It only got 9-10 highway pulling a ~27ft travel trailer, so similar weight setup as the RV+trailer, but less tall since the RV is taller than the trailer was.

But, the RV's engine is only at about 80k original miles, while the F250's odometer has rolled over once or twice, so the RV's engine is far less worn out.

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I assume you just have a factory ats wastegated setup, no intercooler? I'm finding several options available for turbos and coolers, but I think a stock turbo w/wastegate no intercooler is all I need.
I have the exact same package as frankenwrench. GTX3582 turbo with intercooler, 110 pump, stage 1 injectors, ARP head studs.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Ah, well I'm trying to steer clear of head studs, mostly because I don't want to crack my engine open just yet, looks like stock turbo is my way to go. I still have stock pump and nozzles.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
I have stock valve springs as well. I've hit 26 psi a bunch of times, but just pulling a hill with a decent load I generally see 900 on Pyro and 10 psi on boost. Unloaded cruising 60-70 I see 550 egt and 3psi.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Ah, well I'm trying to steer clear of head studs, mostly because I don't want to crack my engine open just yet, looks like stock turbo is my way to go. I still have stock pump and nozzles.
I wouldnt worry about studs unless you are planning a build with big turbo...pump and injectors. Stock style turbo with adjusted stock pump and injectors makes respectable and very dependable power. I

I havent been around one that would make over 20psi with fuel to match, but my own truck that gets used hard gets 15psi pretty easily and has for just short of 200k now. Boosted 6.9 needs studs....7.3 in mild form does not.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would NEVER retorque headbolts, bad practice on composite gaskets.
I may have a complete factory turbo kit. I can mod to any use you wish, PM me for more info.
thanks
Russ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller