Rear Brake Cylinder Replacement?

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. I don't any stinkin' wheel cylinders!!

I thought I had read somewhere that the Dodge 1 ton cylinders were a direct swap. Am I wrong on that one? What is the advantage of Chevy parts, other than Chevys are slower than Dodges and this may help you stop faster??

Dave

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soon Dave, very soon.:D I read about this on another site.:( It sounds like a cheap addition at 12.00 apiece. :D

2500cummins

Reaction score
I've been told that the '99 and newer trucks already have the 27mm cylinders so the chevy parts are the only upgrade. My brother put some 27mm cylinders on a customers '97 2500 and said it made a definate improvement.

MnTom

Reaction score
You guys that have the wheel cylinders really should think about doing the swap. I did and MAN, what a difference!!! Even my wife noticed a difference when I stop. If she notices................anybody will!!
Tom

Whit

Reaction score
I will be interested if my brakes ever wear out, still at about 75% so it will be a while...................where to get the GM parts and what part # to request?

inquiring minds want to know

Cheers, Kevin

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
Use the Napa #4637337 cylinders, they're larger than the Dodge 1 ton and fit perfect. Just give them the number, they don't need to know what it goes on, seems to just confuse them.
I've changed out lots of Dodge 1 ton cylinders to the GM sized cylinders, everyone has been impressed with the improvement. For the $25 or so it costs this is the best bang for the buck mod you can do on a Dodge.

Last edited: