Rear air conditioner iinop.

nmu1974

Reaction score
The rear A/C vents in my 2003 Excursion will only blow warm air. Had the A/C system recharged, the front fents blow colder than ever. Any ideas, solutions?

Doggy Daddy

Reaction score
Is it like ambient air warm or more like "heater is on" warm? I've never had the opportunity to work on a dual climate system but I'd guess that the rear evaporator has an expansion valve (that might be plugged) that could cause it to not get cold. If it feels like the heater is on then there could be a water valve that is not closing off the hot water or an air blend door that is stuck toward the hot position. Either of those could be operated by vacuum so your problem could be as simple as a broken or disconnected vacuum line.

I'd probably pop the panel that covers it off and see what there is to see, maybe you can get some clues as to how the system makes the air hot or cold (is there vacuum lines? or blend door servo motors?). While you are in there operate the A/C and see if one of the pipes gets cold; if so then that would tell you that the evaporator is functioning and you then move to the next step.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online

Members online