Ray, You got Bucket Wheel Excavators over there????

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Wonder if the operator needed to change shorts??? :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• pic3-1.jpg
    pic3-1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 27

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Heckuva ride, for a big Cat. Doesn't look like it's terminally injured, by the pics. I'm sure it looks worse up close.

Ray Freeman

Reaction score
Got lots of them here. I can tell you it takes 3 month's to line bore all the holes on one. Do you know where the pics where taken?And what size is the Dozer. Can't quite make it out. Looks like D6R but I doubt they would have anything that small cleaning up around that monster

Ray Freeman

Reaction score
DBogo said:
if im reading it right i see D8R
That must make it around 50 ton then.Thats a lot of weight for that wheel to toss up :eek: My son recently spent 3 months at a mine with a large bucket wheel. He said it was awesome standing out on the end of the boom with a remote control and manouvering the machine from that postion

mjstef

Big Sky Country....
Reaction score
Ray Freeman said:
Got lots of them here. I can tell you it takes 3 month's to line bore all the holes on one. Do you know where the pics where taken?And what size is the Dozer. Can't quite make it out. Looks like D6R but I doubt they would have anything that small cleaning up around that monster

Don't know where it was but it is a D8.................

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mjstef said:
Still salvagable huh?? :Sly :Sly
With the ROPS, most of the sheetmetal would be cosmetic. My dad brought home worse from the auction. Fire and submarines are worse. I am glad I'm not involved with rebuilding heavies anymore.

Ray Freeman

Reaction score
The blade lift rams are hooked to the radiator nose cone so I would not be surprised if the frame was twisted. I would not be surprised if it was good for components and ditch the rest